Bye bye Maxiglide...hello FHI!

zzirvingj

I sold my Maxiglide and bought an FHI (model 302RVI)...it's the 1 1.2-inch, and this model comes with temperature control.

***Can I just say that I love my new FHI?!*** :grin::grin::grin:

Although I didn't hate my Maxiglide, it was a lil too bulky for me and I felt like my hair reverted too easily with it, plus I had a hard time getting to my roots.

Well, with my new FHI, I have no problem getting to my roots...it's lightweight with a "swivel-like" cord, my hair is soft, straight, and I'm on my 4th day pressed with virtually no reversion. What made my buy it is that the stylists in the salon I used to go to use FHI irons, and I liked the results they gave me when going to the salon.

To be fair, I will say that I have been doing steam treatments to my hair the last 3 weeks (thanks to SamanthaJones's thread), so that may very well be contributing to my results. But either way, I'm really liking and enjoying my new FHI :yep: :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Congrats on finding a new love in the FHI:yay:. I have one, it worked great for me when my hair was relaxed but once I got about 4 months into my transition that FHI didnt stand a chance:nono:. I had to start going into the salon and letting the stylists and their CHI do the work...my poor FHI has been sitting dormant for a few months now. R.I.P. FHI:dighole::perplexed

What's the difference between the FHI and Maxiglide? I am having the toughest time getting a Maxiglide, who knew there would be so much drama surrounding Maxiglide. Is FHI a steam press iron too?

What's the difference between the FHI and Maxiglide? I am having the toughest time getting a Maxiglide, who knew there would be so much drama surrounding Maxiglide. Is FHI a steam press iron too?

There are several differences to me:

-Maxiglides plates were larger, and overall, the MG is a bigger flat iron. It's heavier/bulkier.
-Temp settings on the MG say 1-10, on the FHI it says the temp (I believe the FHI goes up to 450 degrees?)
-MG has steam function, FHI does not
-MG has an extra plate with "teeth"...FHI is just a flat-plated-iron

....I am referring to my FHI in the comparisons above (model 302RVI)...there are several models of the FHI. HTH

Why are you having a tough time getting the MG? Are you having trouble deciding, or trouble finding one?

Hey Z,

How much did you pay for it? I am thinking about buying one. To be honest, I have a cheap Vidal Sassoon flat iron that does not get my hair really straigh. I am trying to figure out if its the flat iron or my straightening techniques. I like the salon results and would like to do it at home.

Hey Z,

How much did you pay for it? I am thinking about buying one. To be honest, I have a cheap Vidal Sassoon flat iron that does not get my hair really straigh. I am trying to figure out if its the flat iron or my straightening techniques. I like the salon results and would like to do it at home.

I believe it was $73 including shipping/taxes.

I bought mine from www.frizzy2silky.com. It was recommended by Ateyaaa from Youtube :look: If you do a google search for "frizzy2silky coupon codes", you can probably find a code to discount it...I think I used one of the codes listed on their site, cuz they offer discounts for certain items all the time, I think. Took about 4 days for mine to arrive in the mail :drunk:

Can you post the link to the SamanthaJones thread you're talking about? Thanks for sharing! Ive been trying to decide between FHI and the Rusk.

Have any pics of the results?

Are you using the comb chase technique with the FHI to get your natural hair straight? Or is just the iron alone enough to do the job?

:needpics:

We need comparison pics, ZZ! I am a fiend when it comes you your hurr!!:drool:

Thanks *blushes*

I took some of when I blew my hair out but didn't take any when I pressed it (don't shoot me)...I'll try to remember to snap a pic tonite and post one :yep:

Are you using the comb chase technique with the FHI to get your natural hair straight? Or is just the iron alone enough to do the job?

The iron was enough for me :yep: I may try the comb chase technique next time, though, to see if it helps any....

i was thinking og getting a FHI for x-mas and i am getting one now.i have a sedu but i got the ones with the small plates and it takes to long and the FHI sounds good and the plates are bigger

Yay, another convert! I love my FHI, I have the same model you do, and I just bought one for my sister since it's her b-day. I know she's going to love it.

I had a FHI first and loved it. I saw all the raves about the Maxiglide and I went out and got one like a crazy person. When I tried to use it I was like :look:!!!!

The FHI is so much better in my opinion. My Maxiglide smelled like the cliché burnt and too hot iron smell that reminds me of cheaper, non-ceramic irons. Not saying the Maxiglide is bad, but I boxed that thing up and it is now collecting dust. The FHI (and now my current H2Pro 207YVI – Just a FHI relabeled :rolleyes:) is just better for my hair and easier to use.

I had a FHI first and loved it. I saw all the raves about the Maxiglide and I went out and got one like a crazy person. When I tried to use it I was like :look:!!!!

The FHI is so much better in my opinion. My Maxiglide smelled like the cliché burnt and too hot iron smell that reminds me of cheaper, non-ceramic irons. Not saying the Maxiglide is bad, but I boxed that thing up and it is now collecting dust. The FHI (and now my current H2Pro 207YVI – Just a FHI relabeled :rolleyes:) is just better for my hair and easier to use.

Alot of people (myself included) have had problems with the way the MG makes your hair smell :nono:. A guy even noticed the smell on me once :blush:

I have not experienced that issue with my FHI.

There are several differences to me:

-Maxiglides plates were larger, and overall, the MG is a bigger flat iron. It's heavier/bulkier.
-Temp settings on the MG say 1-10, on the FHI it says the temp (I believe the FHI goes up to 450 degrees?)
-MG has steam function, FHI does not
-MG has an extra plate with "teeth"...FHI is just a flat-plated-iron

....I am referring to my FHI in the comparisons above (model 302RVI)...there are several models of the FHI. HTH

Why are you having a tough time getting the MG? Are you having trouble deciding, or trouble finding one?

Thank you I have a curling iron with a degree setting and I prefer that. I have trouble finding a MG xp under $80, I tried ebay but I have been out bid and the bid I did win the Seller started drama. And it went up in smoke UGH!

Which MG do you have? I need the XP.

Alot of people (myself included) have had problems with the way the MG makes your hair smell :nono:. A guy even noticed the smell on me once :blush:

I have not experienced that issue with my FHI.

What version is your MG? One of the things I don't like about flat irons is the burning smell.

Back