Buying separate leave-in conditioner necessary?

Kaela

I've been trying to find an inexpensive leave-in conditioner (not infusium though...have had past issues with it). Is it even worth buying one though? I notice some ladies dilute their regular conditioner with water as a leave in.
How do you feel this compares to formulated leave-in conditioners and which is your overall preferance?

i really want to try this method as well. right now i dont have a leave in. I really liked the motions leave in conditioner though. Especially for rollersets. maybe as my hair gets longer ill try the DIY leave in. Good thread

I think you should try both and see how it works for you. I like using a regular leave-in after I wash b/c I worry about build-up from my home-made conditioners. But, you should try both and see what works. There are some relatively inexpensive leave-in conditioners you could try. One I really like lately is Pantene Conditioning Spray.

I found that the best leave in is Suave leave in conditioner it is not drying at all like Infusium give it a try at Walmart it only cost like 1.49.

Some people use Nexxus Humectress both for conditioning and as a leave-in. I started using a leave-in (Nexxus Headress or Biolage Leave-in Tonic) for the first time after starting the hair boards this past summer. It acts differently on my hair than my conditioner does - more detangling. My problem with Infusium was too much shedding, probably because of the protein in it.

I'm presently revisiting this. My thinking is now geared toward the ingredients of products. With so many threads concerning harmful products (health wise), I need to be more selective be it any type of conditioner. I wouldn't recommend using a regular conditioner that has harmful ingredients as a leave-in but if the ingredients are safe I would.

Most of the time I use a "leave-in" formulation.

A separate leave-in isn't necessary (for me). I get a watered down leave-in due to me putting a small amount of my conditioner "wash" conditioner in my spray bottle.

I have Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner and I use it also as a leave in...it also says the same thing on the bottle...so I believe you can or at least try it for yourself(diluting your current brand).

I currently use a specially formulated leave in because I really like the effect THAT specific product has on my hair. When I don't ahve that on hand I just use conditioner and water - but only certain conditoners are used for that with me. And it's rarely the one I actually conditioned my hair with when I washed.

Diluting can't hurt - as long as the conditioner isn't a reconstructor or one that tends to build up.

Another thing I've done is ADD conditioner to a leave in. I have a bottle of Motions that is spiked with some V05 Strawberries and Cream.
smile.gif
That's nice soemtimes too. You just have top add a little water so it's not too thick.

Back