Buying Maxiglide tomorrow..Questions to Users (Naturals?)

BeatriceFly

Okay
So its my moms bday on tuesday (in 2 days so respond quickly), we bought the crappiest Conair flat iron a couple of weeks ago, and after reading many reviews, I am headed for the Maxiglide with my 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon

Ok so ...

1- My mom and I are both 4a/b, after air drying, should we be using a product to flat iron?
2- How is the steam burst used and should we even use it?
3- What level should we put it on?

Thanks everyone!!

I can't wait for people to answer. I am going to buy one soon also so thank you for asking the question =)

I only used my Maxiglide once, but I'll try to help as much as I can.

1- My mom and I are both 4a/b, after air drying, should we be using a product to flat iron? All you need is some type of heat protectant. I use Fantasia IC Serum, its really good
2- How is the steam burst used and should we even use it? You're not supposed to use the steam burst closer than 3 inches from the scalp. Its really for the ends according to the dvd and infomercials i've seen. I didn't use it because i'm lazy and it just seemed like something else I would need to do. IMO i didn't need it at all because the maxiglide straigtened very well without it. I don't see the need.
3- What level should we put it on? I started out using it on 4. It was working great but seemed a little hot so I turned it down to 3 and it was straightening just as well. I was suprised at how bone straight my hair was getting at such a low setting.

hth some!

Like Krys, I also use fantasia serum (with spanish sur gro satin press oil), and #4 setting. I find that my hair needs the steam to get very straight but, my ends were in really bad shape last time I used my maxiglide.

okay so i bought this i think
is it pink?
its a heat protectant serum and it says good for flat irons so i got it
we will see
i will do before and after pics of my moms hair

:.Krys.: said:
I only used my Maxiglide once, but I'll try to help as much as I can.

1- My mom and I are both 4a/b, after air drying, should we be using a product to flat iron? All you need is some type of heat protectant. I use Fantasia IC Serum, its really good
2- How is the steam burst used and should we even use it? You're not supposed to use the steam burst closer than 3 inches from the scalp. Its really for the ends according to the dvd and infomercials i've seen. I didn't use it because i'm lazy and it just seemed like something else I would need to do. IMO i didn't need it at all because the maxiglide straigtened very well without it. I don't see the need.
3- What level should we put it on? I started out using it on 4. It was working great but seemed a little hot so I turned it down to 3 and it was straightening just as well. I was suprised at how bone straight my hair was getting at such a low setting.

hth some!

EbonyPerez said:
okay so i bought this i think
is it pink?
its a heat protectant serum and it says good for flat irons so i got it
we will see
i will do before and after pics of my moms hair

Yup thats the one, "Fantasia IC Heat Protector Straightening Serum."

1- My mom and I are both 4a/b, after air drying, should we be using a product to flat iron?

Some type of heat protectant should be used. I use Fantasia IC or Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat.

2- How is the steam burst used and should we even use it?

You have to put distilled water in the little compartment on the iron and then press the blue button once you get 3 inches from the scalp. It's supposed to help soften and straighten the hair but I don't usually worry about using it much. My hair gets just as straight w/o it.

3- What level should we put it on?

I guess it depends on how easily your hair straightens and what you do to your hair before straightening. This is important because if you dry your hair in a way where it's already semi-straight (wet wrap, banding, rollerset, etc.) it will take much less heat to actually straighten it. If you just try to flat iron air-dried hair that has been dried loose it will take much more heat and manipulation to straighten it. I never go higher than setting 1 w/ the iron.

so how do you use it
lets say your hair is air-dried
u just put a dab of this?
i ask because it looks like it will make the hair wet

:.Krys.: said:
Yup thats the one, "Fantasia IC Heat Protector Straightening Serum."

Hey everybody
Thank you to those who did respond
I did a test round on a piece of my hair and WOW
I would post a pic but Im on the hide your hair challenge thing
I did it on level 4, no product, and no steam just to see
Like I cant even tell you
It does take some getting used to because I was super afraid to squeeze but it wasnt really going through even tho I combed it out but eventually it did
I will figure it out but it was great really!!
I am very happy!
I will post pics of my mom's hair tomorrow before/after

i hear you girl!!
just to have a little straight do maybe twice a year
that doesnt hurt
use ya lil heat protectant and there u go
i love the versatility of natural hair

prettypuff1 said:
i may get one... i am tired of the no heat thing...... i want to wear my hair straight at some point

Back