Buying A Wedding Dress Online

cookiemonster287

Has anyone done this and how did it turn out?

Would you recommend getting a dress online or at a store?

I'm considering getting my dress online because they're cheaper, and my wedding is family only so I don't think getting an expensive dress is necessary.
I'm just afraid I might have issues....I've never ordered clothing online before.

Hi! Congrats- i'm not married but I have ordered dresses online and usually i'll have to get it altered but either way even if I get a dress from the store sometimes I can get it altered too lol

I suggest going to a few bridal stores so you can try on different styles to see what would be the best style for your body and then if you want to look for cheaper options go online

Hi! Congrats- i'm not married but I have ordered dresses online and usually i'll have to get it altered but either way even if I get a dress from the store sometimes I can get it altered too lol

I suggest going to a few bridal stores so you can try on different styles to see what would be the best style for your body and then if you want to look for cheaper options go online

Thanks! That sounds like a good plan.

Even if you buy a dress in a salon, chances are you'll have to get alterations anyway. Go with the styles based on your wardrobe that you already know look good on you. My friend did this and got a great dress. Her mother doesn't know about it and is probably going to kill her but that's another story. :giggle:

At the very least I would try the dresses on in the store and if you love it try and find it online. Dresses never look the same in person and you wouldn't want to spend all that money on a dress you'll be disappointed in

I've seen some gorgeous gowns online for amazing prices, but I'm also nervous about how it looks on the model vs how it will look on me. I don't worry about alterations because I would probably need to do those anyway. I will try on dresses in store, then if I don't like any I may order one. The prices are so good I won't mind if I don't like it and have to resell.

Back