Butterfly Hair Clips: Good/Bad for the hair??

Crystalicequeen123

Hey ladies!

I was wondering... Does anyone know if butterfly hair clips are necessarily good or bad for the hair? Because, I don't wear scrunchies anymore (I used to wear them too tight, and they broke off my hair), but I want to keep my ends protected and my hair up. So, I wear my hair up in a butterfly clip most of the time. I try not to clip it on too tightly (of course), but I was wondering if these were bad for our hair??

I dont' want to see breakage in the middle of my scalp because of these butterfly clips. But I don't want to wear my hair down all the time since my hair is shoulder-length and could brush against my clothes and damage my ends.

Any suggestions?? :confused:

I LOVE butterfly clips. I wear them in my hair the majority of the time. This way I dont have to use rubber bands, even the gentliest ones can pull your hair our or put stress on your hair, and I can keep my ends tucked in without having do a bun. They are not the most formal hair accessory so I dont wear them to work but as soon as I walk in the door my hair is in one. I have used them for a long time now and I have never seen any damage or breakage from them. :grin:

I think that clips in general are great. i use one in all the time for the same reasons-- don't wanna wear ponytail bands-- and I love it. I don't have a butterfly clip, I have a different one that i love a lot. It holds my hair nicely. But my problem with the clips is that my hair sometimes gets caught in the metal hinges or gets stuck btwn my finger and the clip and if I try to take it off too fast, I pull a strand and it may snap. So I'm just extra careful in taking it out, but it beats wearing a ponytail band!

Okay...whew! I guess that is a relief!

I was just noticing that I wore them quite a lot. I wear them to school, to work, to religious services...hahah...

I wear them almost everytime I want to put my hair up to give my ends a break.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who loves the clips! ;)

Back