BUTTER USERS!

locoabouthair

Last nite I ordered some different butters from FNWL. I was just wondering what were all the different uses that you all use them for?

I ordered specifically: avacado, mango, and shea plus one other but I forget. Do you use them as a styling aid, deep conditioners, etc.

Also do you use them anywhere else besides your hair?

locoabouthair said:
Last nite I ordered some different butters from FNWL. I was just wondering what were all the different uses that you all use them for?

I ordered specifically: avacado, mango, and shea plus one other but I forget. Do you use them as a styling aid, deep conditioners, etc.

Also do you use them anywhere else besides your hair?

You can use all of these butter for your body, face or hair. You just need to find out which one is good/not good for those different parts.:)

I only use them on my hair. Right now I'm using hemp butter. But I love some of the others too. I never thought of using them on my skin, even though they are in the "skin care" section on the FNWL site.

I use them in my hair after I rinse or CO wash in the evenings. Sometimes I'll smooth a little bit on my hair in the morning. I also use on my legs, knees, ankles, arms... I have mango-shea, avocado, almond, coffee, murumuru and mowrah butters. Except for the almond and avocado, the rest are mixed together, but they are especially great as a hand cream...

I use them directly on my hair to seal in moisture and also on my skin after a bath or after I do a facial at night.

Avocado butter is my favorite but I love to melt mango butter down in my double boiler and then add Riesling and Chardonnay grapeseed oils to it. I don't have exact measurements, I mostly cook by "feel". When it's cooled it makes an excellent mixture for hair or skin.

camellia said:
I use them directly on my hair to seal in moisture and also on my skin after a bath or after I do a facial at night.

Avocado butter is my favorite but I love to melt mango butter down in my double boiler and then add Riesling and Chardonnay grapeseed oils to it. I don't have exact measurements, I mostly cook by "feel". When it's cooled it makes an excellent mixture for hair or skin.

You have made Avocada a MUST have on my Wish list. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to receive my avocado butter. I ordered it from FNWL the other day. Is there any smell to trhe avocado butter?

locoabouthair said:
ummmmmmmmm I just smelled it. doesn't smell like much. i haven't used it on my hair yet. mango doesn't smell like much either.

mango is the only one I have. (I just made an order today.) I agree with you on the smell of the mango. I will melt it and add it to my spray mixture. I cant see myself using it alone.

locoabouthair said:
thanx ladies my butters came the other day...........

What do you think of each one of them. (That you have used.)
I read what you said about the smell but what else can you tell me about them. (since I just ordered, I am curious.) TIA

so yesterday I shampooed my hair and deep conditioned. I then put a leave in by carol's duaghter...umm forgot what it's called.

anywho I put the olive butter stuff throughout my hair , and put avocado (this stuff is the bomb!) butter on my ends and out in a loose bun/ponytail. smoothed my hair out like a ****..........I almost 4 months post relaxer (can't damn decide if I want to transition) and it looked good and felt nice in the am! :D

Letitia said:
What do you think of each one of them. (That you have used.)
I read what you said about the smell but what else can you tell me about them. (since I just ordered, I am curious.) TIA

Back