Butter as a conditioner?!?! Quick question...

melodies815

Okay...I am a newbie, so please forgive the question that may seem really dumb...but I need a really good moisturizer and I don't want to spend goo-gobs of money right now.

Can I use butter? Like butter in my refrigerator....

Don't laugh....I am already dying of embarrassment even asking....

Seriously, though....butter? Would it work?

Thank you in advance, and happy hair growing to everyone!!

cj
:blush:

try it ....ladies here have have tried or are using another form of butter ,if I'm not mistaken Ghee is like a butter, and butter milk and everything else in the kitchen there is, milk, yogurt, etc etc

I say try it and let us know:grin:

Seems like it would be more oily than moisturizing. I would make sure my hair is already damp or wet and use the butter to seal in the moisture.

Irresistable and Str8~curly, I am so tempted to just try it...but I want to make sure it actually moisturizes. I guess I could google and see what the ingredients are in my butter (Land O'Lakes)...

Thank you so much for responding.

If anyone has any experience using butter, please feel free to chime in. I am trying to find something that does a phenomenal job on most 4a/some4b hair.

Blessing to all!!

cj

Ok, read in the post you wanted a good moisturizer, but see in your title you said conditioner. Did you mean a moisturizing conditioner?

Many here, myself included use Ghee butter. Its a great moisturizer and pre-poo. There are recipies for unsalted butter in the that forum. Or you can find it at many grocery stores. Our very own StinaStina has a online store that sells it as well. Try the search function for more detail. HTH

Keep us posted. I'm curious now. Maybe all we need is what's in the...

:fridge:.

Happy hair growing :grin:

Irresistable and Str8~curly, I am so tempted to just try it...but I want to make sure it actually moisturizes. I guess I could google and see what the ingredients are in my butter (Land O'Lakes)...

Thank you so much for responding.

If anyone has any experience using butter, please feel free to chime in. I am trying to find something that does a phenomenal job on most 4a/some4b hair.

Blessing to all!!

cj

Ok, read in the post you wanted a good moisturizer, but see in your title you said conditioner. Did you mean a moisturizing conditioner?

Yes, that is what I mean. My profile says I have been a member since 2007 but I have only been here a little over a month. Not sure why it's inaccurate...

..but yes...a moisturizing conditioner. I actually just put some goat's milk in my conditioner and am now sitting with a towel wrapped around my head...your comment about oil gave me pause....

hmmmm...wonder how this will turn out...:smirk:

Keep us posted. I'm curious now. Maybe all we need is what's in the...

:fridge:.

Happy hair growing :grin:

I wanted to let you know how it turned out...

Instead of butter, I just put some goat's milk in my conditioner. It seems like it's so difficult to find a truly good moisturizing conditioner without cones in it. I used MegaTek on the length of my hair for about 10 minutes and am less concerned about growth than thickness and health. I don't put it on my scalp every day. Too time consuming for my personality...

...but after using it, nothing seems to rehydrate my hair. I nearly decided to stop using after one week because of the dryness.

Well...the same conditioner as last week but with goat's milk added has my hair feeling like a baby's hair. I roller set it with no additional products, and the curls are tight, soft and bouncy. I have no dryness and the slightest sheen even without additional product! I only used 1/2 cup of goat's milk and then slathered on the conditioner, covered my head with a warm towel and sat under the bonnet for 1 hour.

Con: not as much slip and it took me a little longer to detangle, but I experienced no breakage...only normal shedding after not combing for a week. My hair feels strong.

It's remarkably soft. I like it!

"My hair drinks milk!"
cj:blush:

Last edited:
Back