Bushy ends on a wig...What is WRONG???

krikit96

One question, how do you keep the ends of your wigs from getting thick and bushy? After about a week, the ends of my wigs don't look like the top and middle sections and it looks like my ends need to be cut off of my wigs. How can I stop that from happening, or does that mean that after a week I have to throw them out? I store them on styrofoam heads, what am I doing wrong?? Should I be putting some sort of products in my wigs or washing them??? Thanks gurls, I value your opinions...

One question, how do you keep the ends of your wigs from getting thick and bushy? After about a week, the ends of my wigs don't look like the top and middle sections and it looks like my ends need to be cut off of my wigs. How can I stop that from happening, or does that mean that after a week I have to throw them out? I store them on styrofoam heads, what am I doing wrong?? Should I be putting some sort of products in my wigs or washing them??? Thanks gurls, I value your opinions...

I think if you try some of the wig sheen conditioners that are sold in the wig section you may have some success battling that problem. Also being sure not to manipulate the hair or cause friction i.e. scarf or other clothing rubbing against the wig or excessive combing or brushing. HTH! :yep:

Yes! As a matter of fact, they ARE synthetic!!!! I was wondering if it was from rubbing on my clothes... see, my hair is already past SL so my wigs are longer. How do I keep the ends from rubbing on the back of my clothes if the hair length leaves me no other options? Is this also damaging to my OWN hair? Im just confused as to how else I can protect the hair from rubbing if it is a BSL wig???

Last edited:
What works wonders for me and mine?!........ I use my blow dryer with the comb attachment! I just apply a little bit of oil/butter, set the blow dryer on medium for about 3 minutes and voila!. Works wonders I tell you!

When I used to wear synthetic hair wigs I would just use a brush(the one with the wide bristle that have the balls at the end) and just brush the bottom of the wig to take out the tangles and smooth the ends down. But after about a month I would through them away and buy a new one. Also you can cut off about a half of inch and this helps. But keep in mind this is something that always happens when you wear wigs.

also when you're driving get a clip and pin up the wig. rubbing against jackets etc and the fabric of the car seat can also make the ends get frizzy faster

Unfortunately with synthetic wigs...they do have a shelf life. Outside of washing them,trimming the ends as they get ratty, they will eventually just need to be tossed out. That's why I refuse to spend too much on them because ultimately they will end up in the garbage. Try having more than a few so you don't wear out one too much by wearing it a lot. It varies your look and limits wear and tear. HTH

Yes! As a matter of fact, they ARE synthetic!!!! I was wondering if it was from rubbing on my clothes... see, my hair is already past SL so my wigs are longer. How do I keep the ends from rubbing on the back of my clothes if the hair length leaves me no other options? Is this also damaging to my OWN hair? Im just confused as to how else I can protect the hair from rubbing if it is a BSL wig???

I know that's part of the problem, but I'm discovering with my new short bob wig that my ends are getting pretty bushy too, even though the ends rarely touch my clothes. :perplexed:ohwell:

I use Mizani Moisturizing Silkening Liquid-Gel on my synthetic wigs and pieces after I wash them. It makes them look like new again.

Back