Burt's Bees Users

*Muffin*

Are there any Burt's Bees hair product users here? I'm interested in purchasing their super shiny grapefruit and sugar beet conditioner as a cleansing conditioner. TIA :).

I use and love their Avocado Pre Shampoo Treatment. I haven't tried the products you mentioned.

I have used that one and the raspberry. My texlaxed hair loved it but my natural hair seems not to like it. It's not giving it enough moisture. I still have a couple of bottles I will try to mix with something.

I only use the Avocado Butter. I really like it. Years ago, I tried a sample of their shampoo(can't remember which one), but it stripped my hair something awful! The experience was so bad I refuse to use any of their shampoos.

Thanks for all of your replies. I've never tried any of Burt's Bees hair products before, though I've seen them. The reason why I was interested in this grapefruit/sugar beet conditioner is because I need something for my hair that is more cleansing than a conditioner, yet less stripping than a shampoo. This one website says that the ingredients and performance of this particular conditioner is similar to that of WEN's cleansing conditioner. I'll most likely give it a try. And I've seen the avocado pre-treatment before and thought it looked good. Glad I asked about Burt's :grin:.

P.S. I've been noticing that it's pretty unanimous that their shampoos are a no-go :look:. Thanks for the heads up.

I used to use the Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment as a prepoo & I loved it. It gives great moisture. It is great to use if your shampoo is somewhat stripping. In fact, I bought a tube of it a few weeks ago--just for nostalgia.

I used to use the Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit Condish & it did absolutely nothing for my hair. It felt like I'd done absolutely nothing to my hair when I used it. I gave the remaining bottles to my mother.

I tried one of their conditioners: Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Bee Conditioner and it was terrible! My hair was so tangly afterwards. Never picked up another Burt's Bee product again.

I love the Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment and use it faithfully with every wash.

However, the More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Shampoo DID leave my hair feeling stripped.

I also tried the Hair Repair Shea & Grapefruit Deep Conditioner and it did nothing for my hair.

HTH

The shampoo and conditioner ( The raspberry one) was TERRIBLE! My hair was hard as a brick. That mess went right back to the store.

I hated all the shampoos. The conditioners were ok, but I loved the avocado pre poo. I didn't repurchase because I prefer Giovanni and Aubrey products, and I don't pre poo anymore so...

Wow, so it seems as if Burt's Bees really isn't the Bee's Knees (Yeah, I know. I couldn't resist :grin:). Well, except for the Avocado Pre-poo. Definitely going to have to give it a try one day.

I use and love their Avocado Pre Shampoo Treatment. I haven't tried the products you mentioned.

Ditto! It's been kinda hard for me to find, so I stocked up when I could. It leaves your hair very soft and silky, but I do consider it a moisturizing protein treatment.

Also, I don't use it as a pre-poo per se. I consider it more of a DC. I'll put it on my dry hair, put a baggie on my head and work out. All of that sweat and body heat helps me get a DC effect with it. Then I wash with my regular shampoo, do a 5 minute conditioner and I'm done.

Last edited:
I love the Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment and use it faithfully with every wash.

However, the More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Shampoo DID leave my hair feeling stripped.

I also tried the Hair Repair Shea & Grapefruit Deep Conditioner and it did nothing for my hair.

HTH

Oh, I forgot about that one. It didn't do anything for my hair, either. It's basically the same as the Super Shiny conditioner. I don't know why it's called a "deep" conditioner.

Back