Buns

Hot40

I was hoping some of you had photos of your buns you could post.
My hair is not long enough yet :nono: but my 11 year old can bun.
She wants me to change it up some for her from day to day.
But I have never bunned every:nono::look:

Yea ladies please post. I can make a small bun - but I'd be interested in seeing some of your work or links to FOTKIs with great buns.

or you can buy a bun already made from a bss. they have different styles. you could just bobby pin it in. thats what have been doing for the last couple of months

or you can buy a bun already made from a bss. they have different styles. you could just bobby pin it in. thats what have been doing for the last couple of months

I do that, but one of tracycee's buns weren't sold in the BSS or it was too small so I had to make it up on my own.

I love Traycee's buns too! It's really amazing how we can style up a simple bun, and have it look really nice. It's a great protective style too. I love them! Here are some of mines..

Buns on wet/natural hair

This is just a regular bun. I just pinned my hair under.

Buns on flat iron hair

Try dressing them up with lots of cute accessories. Claire's has really cute ones. You could try the little ponytail holders with the scarf on the end, flowers, hair combs, hair sticks with the danglies on the end, bracelets made with elastic...there's so many options. Also try placing the bun in different locations. High in the crown for a little ballerina look, low and to the side for a sassy look or add a flower for a tropical look, low and in the middle for a conservative look, you know mix it up a little.

Try dressing them up with lots of cute accessories. Claire's has really cute ones. You could try the little ponytail holders with the scarf on the end, flowers, hair combs, hair sticks with the danglies on the end, bracelets made with elastic...there's so many options. Also try placing the bun in different locations. High in the crown for a little ballerina look, low and to the side for a sassy look or add a flower for a tropical look, low and in the middle for a conservative look, you know mix it up a little.

Ok Thanks, Your hair look Sooooo Good :yep:
You make me want to purchase MT to get my growth going:yep::yep::lachen:

I love Traycee's buns too! It's really amazing how we can style up a simple bun, and have it look really nice. It's a great protective style too. I love them! Here are some of mines..

Buns on wet/natural hair
This is just a regular bun. I just pinned my hair under.

Buns on flat iron hair

Do you add something to form the bun?

Thanks ladies for all of the photos, but I am a little special.
I do not now how to even start. and I think I need to
use some type of filler -- to make her buns nice and full????

Ok, I did a bun in my babies hair, today her we go.
I need step by step instructions, I do not know what to do.
I want it to larger fuller

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 15
Ok Thanks, Your hair look Sooooo Good :yep:
You make me want to purchase MT to get my growth going:yep::yep::lachen:

Thanks! Actually with the exception of the chinese bun and the messy bun on the end, the others were done with hair a little past shoulder (when I did my 6" chop last year). That was a great length for bunning with the donut. I found they make the best buns for hair that length. I got the foam donut from the BSS and found a silky sock that my hair didn't snag in and I wrapped the donut with the sock two times and cut the rest off. I pulled my hair through the donut (you can make a ponytail first to make it easier, but I didn't), then fanned my hair out all around the donut. Then I take a small satin scrunci (if you want it hidden) or you can use a larger one and slide it down over the fanned out hair. Liberally moisturize the ends of the hair and twist the hair gently wrapping around and underneath the donut until all the hair is underneath. Done!

Back