Buns (wet or dry)

NYRICAN1

I cowashed my hair last night and put my hair in 4 rollers in the back to dry but when I woke up this morning my hair was still pretty damp. I put my hair in a ponytail and then put it in a donut shape style. Is it safe to do while wet or should I just dry it next time before I do this ?

Actually, I think the conditioner is more effective when your hair is moist. I've done wet/damp buns a lot and never had a problem. If anything, my hair stays softer longer.

I think it is good to have your bun damp, make sure you add a leave in conditioner, or some of your favorite oil. S-curl has been working good for me. Remember, moisture is the key with retaining length.

I put my hair in a bun when it's wet and dry and I haven't had any problems. I do make sure that my hair remains moisturized.

My hair broke off with damp buns. But then again, I was wearing them in the same spot daily. I guess it's ok if you switch up on where you put your buns.

My hair would get very dry if I put it in a wet/damp bun....my hair does not airdry very well. So it was airdrying in the donut and would get very dry no matter how much moist/oil I put on it. For me my hair has to be smooth (roller) if it is going to dry with moisture.

Back