bunning + scalp sores

levette

Does this happen to you? Is this a sign that my ponytail is too tight? I have been wearing my hair down to let my scalp heal. I do use a phony bun. Share your experiences with this.

levette said:
Does this happen to you? Is this a sign that my ponytail is too tight? I have been wearing my hair down to let my scalp heal. I do use a phony bun. Share your experiences with this.

I've never had this happen, but it could definitely be because your ponytail is too tight. Whenever you do buns or ponytails, whenever you feel a lot of pressure/tightness on your scalp (even if it isn't painful yet), that's usually a sign it needs to be loosened a little.

Do you use hair pins for your phony pony? If so, it could also come from them. When I used to wear a phony pony, I would only try to use only 2 pins (the goody ones with the protective bulbs at the ends) to prevent any scratching of my scalp.

I don't get any breaks in my scalp skin but it can get painful to the touch. This happens only when the bun is too tight. Now I only make loose buns and ponytails and make it look sexy by having a couple of curls hang loose

Back