Bunning Question...

supermodelsonya

Does anyone bun their hair by tucking their ends under? Will this cause damage? How do you guys do it? ANY help on this will be appreciated!!!

I place my hair into a ponytail, braid the last few inches and then secure it with a bobby pin.

I did until my hair was thick and even enough for other sorts of buns. Now when I do it I oil my ends and secure them underneath with a big bobby pin.

008.JPG

What do you think?:perplexed

Trust me I'm no expert when it comes to hair but from the looks of the pic you might want to protect your nape as well...maybe a lower bun???

I agree they are not the most fashionably styles and we try so hard to "jazz" them up, but we have to be mindful the reason and that is to strengthen and protect our hair.

Just a thought.....

Trust me I'm no expert when it comes to hair but from the looks of the pic you might want to protect your nape as well...maybe a lower bun???

I agree they are not the most fashionably styles and we try so hard to "jazz" them up, but we have to be mindful the reason and that is to strengthen and protect our hair.

Just a thought.....

I do. I guess I switch them up. Sometimes I do a low bun and sometimes I do a high one. Never really in the same place. Is that bad?

Just a thought.....
I was going to say that say thing. And if you bun alot try to change the position weekly, to like a side bun or something. I want to rock a high bun, but I will wait until my hair gets longer so that the bun can be bigger.:look: My head is too big for me to be running around with a small bun on the top of my head, I just cant do it.:nono:

I do. I guess I switch them up. Sometimes I do a low bun and sometimes I do a high one. Never really in the same place. Is that bad?

Nope. If you're going to bun for a long time it's good not to do them in the same place all the time to avoid breakage.

Just remember when you wear a higher bun to use quality (no snag) bobby pins to hold down your strays.

Back