Bunners who grew past MBL

beebstt

For the members who are bunners, how often do you redo your bun? Do you take your hair down every day, detangle and rebun, or do you keep a bun for a week or a few days at a time, and only fix your edges? Is matting a problem for you?

Any other bunning secrets?

When I bunned everyday it was bun in the AM, take down, twist or briad in the PM in ther morning take down and re bun. I had to for knot prevention. Ished a lot and I have to moisterize every night.

I've been bunning everyday for about 3 months I take out my buns in the morning to moisturize and at night to apply oil and massage my scalp but I'm also in minis

Redo? Daily

In the morning, I moisturize / seal / bun
Take hair down as soon as I get home
Moisturize / Seal/ lightly run comb through hair / tie hair up for the night
Repeat the next day

Last edited:
I leave my bun in for at least 3 days but most times a week. I just brush my edges in the morning, tie down with a scarf for a few mins, and go. I have no issues with matting. My hair does get dry if I don't take it down during the week at least once but I don't have time to care.

A little shorter than MBL here.

-Bun in the morning.
-Take hair down at night - Oil/treat my scalp with whatever I'm using at the time.
-Moisturize and seal, twist (about 6) and sleep with a scarf.
-Repeat the next day.

I bun in the morning, take it down when I get home from work - cowash or moisturize if necessary and put my hair in a bun on the top of my head for bed.

I only detangle once a week.

Back