Bun wearers with natural or texturized hair.

NubianAngel

So, I was doing a bun for a job interview the other day when I noticed that I still had alot of exposed ends after doing the bun. I usually wrap them around the sides of the bun but I think my hair is getting longer because I had trouble doing it. For those who use bun donuts, do you wrap your hair around the foam or under it?

I hope that what i'm asking is clear.

I do buns, but dont use a foam, i just wrap my hair around in a twirl...then wrap it around itself....i have a few bun pics on fotki, so does my daughter, she does hers the same way...might be eaiser than using the foam

You definately have the length Irresistible
smile.gif
I use the foam because my buns come out full on one side and small on the other because I need more length. I can't wait for the day I can wear a big bun on my own
grin.gif

On the other hand, without the foam I can take the time to experiment with accessories and flowers.
think.gif

I don't use a donut. I gather my hair as though I were doing a ponytail. I twist the length of it (of course not too tight though). Then I coil it around (adding in the Good Hair Days plastic pins). Sometimes I add a cute scrunchie (just for looks).

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
You definately have the length Irresistible
smile.gif
I use the foam because my buns come out full on one side and small on the other because I need more length. I can't wait for the day I can wear a big bun on my own
grin.gif

On the other hand, without the foam I can take the time to experiment with accessories and flowers.
think.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Girl i was doing this when i had the teeniest little amount of hair too, way before i could fit in a pony tail, and before i could twirl it around , i just tucked it under. i know it didnt always look right when i did my little buns, the scrunchie around it kinda hid some of the uneveness too ....i didnt even know about the foam things back then.....if they even had them then that is....but i think if you can twirl it, and twist it around and secure it with a scrunchie, even if its a little lopsided (most of the buns i do still are) im just thinking it might be easier than the foam donut thingie....i dont think i could ever get that one right
laugh.gif

Back