Bun Styles: What's your favorite?

Misstacie

I'm new and trying to learn all I can.

I started bunning or what I believe is bunning from what I've read. I normally wear a curly pony on top of my head( with my edges slicked with Shea and Vitapointe (love that stuff). To get this I have to comb my hair out wet to the ends at least every other day. So following your philosophy to protect my ends, for the last 2 days, I have reverted back to my pre-Civil War French roll. I can make this style by only brushing my edges and leaving the rest simi-tangled since it's going into the roll. I plan to comb it out every 4 or 5 days instead of 1-2. At the risk of looking like a run-away slave, I was wondering what other style options I have that will protect my ends. (Or do i have the concept totally backwards). I can do a decent wet bun, but my hair is BSL and very thick when not straightened so putting it in a dry bun (no water or comb out) will have me looking like Harriet Tubman for real.:blush:
TIA

I hope someone answers because I've been wondering what else I can do with my hair besides wrap it around a dang scrunchie every single day. I catch my hair up ponytail style in a scrunchie and then wrap it around and use the excess loose elastic broken scrunchie to wrap my ends up. I have to say it does protect my ends from the elements, but it is B-O-R-I-N-G.

I personally like the Southern Tease...I modify it sometimes, by pulling it higher and using a hair tie instead of clips or a stick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_-XBalPjVg
That's a tutorial for it...but that's like the only modern bun that I like and have enough hair for. :sad:
I usually do the Pre-Civil War french roll too...:lachen::lachen: at looking like Harriet Tubman.

Back