Bun Pics and Questions!

cocoberry10

Ladies, I'm attaching pics of my bun. I keep having problems with shedding/breakage. It seems like every time I take my bun down, the hair at the edges is spongy and comes right out, no matter how much I moisturize.

Please help me!!!

Attachments

• my bun photo.jpg
    my bun photo.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Hair shedding after bunning.jpg
    Hair shedding after bunning.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Hair shedding after bunning 2.jpg
    Hair shedding after bunning 2.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
This is what I was talking about earlier. It seems that no matter how much I detangle my hair, it keeps getting tangled up again. Thank you!

cocoberry10 said:
Ladies, I'm attaching pics of my bun. I keep having problems with shedding/breakage. It seems like every time I take my bun down, the hair at the edges is spongy and comes right out, no matter how much I moisturize.

Please help me!!!

Our hair isn't Superman. You're going to have some shedding/breakage. I don't think that's a excess amount of shedding in your pic. Were you expecting no shedding at all?

blueabyss333 said:
Our hair isn't Superman. You're going to have some shedding/breakage. I don't think that's a excess amount of shedding in your pic. Were you expecting no shedding at all?

No, but it does seem like my ends get "spongy" (I don't know a better word to use, it's like wooly/spongy) and the bottom comes out every time I do a bun.

I guess this worries me, because if my ends are breaking off (maybe they aren't, but it seems that way), how will the bun method actually help my hair grow?

Bumping for more responses. Bump, bump, bump!!!!!

Girl that is not a lot of shedding! You're okay, trust me. Keep that moisture going on up in there and you will be just fine.

kreeme said:
Girl that is not a lot of shedding! You're okay, trust me. Keep that moisture going on up in there and you will be just fine.

Alright, I'll keep it going!!!

Bump, bump, bump!!!

I don't think thats alot of shedding either:)

If your hair is feeling spongey and weak to the point of breakage- that may be an indication that you may need to increase the protein in your regimen. The protein will give your hair more structure and help it be able to better withstand breakage. Seems like you've simply done too well a job of moisturizing:lol: balance it with a mild protein treatment. If you don't want to do a full blown protein treatment, you can just use a protein based moisturizer until you are able to wash.:) When my hair does this, I find that the Cantu Shea Butter Break cure and growstrong really do a good job of strengthening the strands when I've overdone the moisture.:D

Sistaslick said:
I don't think thats alot of shedding either:)

If your hair is feeling spongey and weak to the point of breakage- that may be an indication that you may need to increase the protein in your regimen. The protein will give your hair more structure and help it be able to better withstand breakage. Seems like you've simply done too well a job of moisturizing:lol: balance it with a mild protein treatment. If you don't want to do a full blown protein treatment, you can just use a protein based moisturizer until you are able to wash.:) When my hair does this, I find that the Cantu Shea Butter Break cure and growstrong really do a good job of strengthening the strands when I've overdone the moisture.:D

Thank You!

Back