Build-up: How do you know?

Tenacious

I know a lot of ladies on the board mention lots about product build-up, but I'm not sure I've ever experienced it. I've wash 1-2x a week and I just use olive and castor oil, and sta-sof-fro with WGO on my scalp. I remoisturize 2-3x a week.

Am I prone to getting build-up? How do I get rid of build-up and do co-washed prevent this?

Thanks!

I usually can tell I have alot of buildup when

1. my conditioner dosent work as well as it always does.
2. when I comb my hair it breaks alot more than usual
3. when my hair just dosent seem to agree with any products that I use, then I know its had enough.

I usually fix the problem by using a clarifying shampoo mine is from tresseme the big black bottle and it works really good. imediatly after I can feel my hair is much ligther, and dry. then I use my conditioner and it makes my hair all soft again, or I would do a deep conditioning after clarifiying if I have time.

HTH

I know I have build-up when my hair just feels heavy and still not clean, even after washing.

Clarifying takes care of it.:yep:

Trust me, you will know when you have buildup. If you aren't having any trouble styling your hair then you are fine.

I get buildup around my hair line because of gel. It gets gross after a while and my hair starts looking dull, ew!

Back