BT users, please enter...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
PLEASE NOTE~ This is not an anti-Boundless Tresses thread
I just have a question to the women who use this product. I may have a sensitive scalp, I'm not sure. I used BT for the first time last night. This morning, I noticed I have a small painful bump on my scalp and I have tenderness all over my scalp. My questions are: Is the tenderness normal? Is this just my scalp getting used to the BT? When I put it in, I gently massaged my scalp as I've heard is good to do when you apply it, was I wrong? I still have the BT on right now... I don't wanna hastily wash it out because I want the many benefits that I hear everyone talking about. What should I do?:perplexed

ETA: NL, I really hope I haven't offended you by posting this thread. I just wanted some people who use it to chime in to let me know if this was also their experience and if that is normal.

Last edited:
Girl please! I am not offended AT ALL!!!!

I hope someone else will chime in but I would venture to say that if it persists and/or gets worse, you are allergic. :sad:

PLEASE NOTE~ This is not an anti-Boundless Tresses thread

I just have a question to the women who use this product. I may have a sensitive scalp, I'm not sure. I used BT for the first time last night. This morning, I noticed I have a small painful bump on my scalp and I have tenderness all over my scalp. My questions are: Is the tenderness normal? Is this just my scalp getting used to the BT? When I put it in, I gently massaged my scalp as I've heard is good to do when you apply it, was I wrong? I still have the BT on right now... I don't wanna hastily wash it out because I want the many benefits that I hear everyone talking about. What should I do?:perplexed

ETA: NL, I really hope I haven't offended you by posting this thread. I just wanted some people who use it to chime in to let me know if this was also their experience and if that is normal.

It sounds like you may be allergic to sulfer. I have been using BT for about 6-8 months and I don't have any problems with it. You should not be experiencing tenderness or a sore scalp. I would say stop using it. How much do you have left?:grin: Naw, seriously, stop using it hun...hth

Last edited:
It sounds like you may be allergic to sulfer. I have been using BT for about 6-8 months and I don't have any problems with it. You should not be experiencing tenderness or a sore scalp. I would say stop using it. How much do you have left?:grin: Naw, seriously, stop using it hun...hth
LOL The bad thing is that I have darn near the whole bottle... the big bottle. I used it on my daughter and she complained of a sore scalp too (I've PMed NL... SAL :spinning:) about it before. I stopped using it on her, but I'd only used it once on her and that was her reaction to it. I only used it once too:nono: this sh!+ sux... I'm sick of this sensitive scalp crap. Do yall think it may have been from the massaging it in??

LOL The bad thing is that I have darn near the whole bottle... the big bottle. I used it on my daughter and she complained of a sore scalp too (I've PMed NL... SAL :spinning:) about it before. I stopped using it on her, but I'd only used it once on her and that was her reaction to it. I only used it once too:nono: this sh!+ sux... I'm sick of this sensitive scalp crap. Do yall think it may have been from the massaging it in??
Is the soreness an "Dayum its hurting!!! OOOOWWWWW" or a tenderness kinda sore?

Is the soreness an "Dayum its hurting!!! OOOOWWWWW" or a tenderness kinda sore?
No, it's not an OOOWWW pain, it's like when I touch my scalp, the skin is sore. It feels like when you need a touch-up and your scalp/hair follicles are sore. I know that's a crazy way of explaining it, but that's what it feels like. I just had a touch-up on 2/1, the soreness usually doesn't start so soon. When I put my fingertips lightly down onto my scalp and move back and forth, it's sore... as the roots of my hair move with the movement of my fingers... you know what I mean? If I don't touch it, I don't feel it... like it's not aching. I hope I explained that right.

No, it's not an OOOWWW pain, it's like when I touch my scalp, the skin is sore. It feels like when you need a touch-up and your scalp/hair follicles are sore. I know that's a crazy way of explaining it, but that's what it feels like. I just had a touch-up on 2/1, the soreness usually doesn't start so soon. When I put my fingertips lightly down onto my scalp and move back and forth, it's sore... as the roots of my hair move with the movement of my fingers... you know what I mean? If I don't touch it, I don't feel it... like it's not aching. I hope I explained that right.

Ummmmm. How soon after applying BT did the soreness/bump develop? NVM. I re-read what you wrote. It sounds to me like you're allergic to the sulfer. After what you described you're feeling. I would say stop using it. All those symptons dont' sound right to me. As, I've stated I use BT and love BT but if I was having those symptons I would discontinue use in a heart beat. JMHO:spinning:

Last edited:
Ummmmm. How soon after applying BT did the soreness/bump develop?
The next day:sad: I applied it at night before I went to sleep. Then at work, I noticed the painful bump. Then as the day went on, I noticed the soreness and it's still sore right now.

Ummmmm. How soon after applying BT did the soreness/bump develop? NVM. I re-read what you wrote. It sounds to me like you're allergic to the sulfer.
The crazy thing is, I use sulfur 8 shampoo on a small part of my front hairline for a dry patch that I have and I don't get soreness from it. It's the craziness thing:perplexed

ETA:: Then again, I wash the shampoo out and chase it with my CON-green label shampoo. Maybe it's that I'm leaving the sulfur on my scalp? Maybe that's why I'm having a reaction now as opposed to when I ue the shampoo...

Thank you so much StillALady and TSmith for all your help:yep:

Last edited:
The crazy thing is, I use sulfur 8 shampoo on a small part of my front hairline for a dry patch that I have and I don't get soreness from it. It's the craziness thing:perplexed

ETA:: Then again, I wash the shampoo out and chase it with my CON-green label shampoo. Maybe it's that I'm leaving the sulfur on my scalp? Maybe that's why I'm having a reaction now as opposed to when I ue the shampoo...

Thank you so much StillALady and TSmith for all your help:yep:

You're welcome

I have to agree with the other posts. It sounds like you may be allergic to the sulfur. I'm allergic to sulfur but only internally. I've been using BT for about two months and I haven't had any issues with a sore scalp. I'll buy the bottle from you if you like. :grin:

I was considering discontinuing use, BUT I'm a souljah (yeah, I spelled it that way:grin:) I'm gonna use it for 1 entire, 7 day week- er day and see if this feeling subsides. I WANT BT PROGRESS TOO!!:wallbash: But, if it doesn't work out after this week, I will sell the bottle... why should a good thing go to waste.

I was considering discontinuing use, BUT I'm a souljah (yeah, I spelled it that way:grin:) I'm gonna use it for 1 entire, 7 day week- er day and see if this feeling subsides. I WANT BT PROGRESS TOO!!:wallbash: But, if it doesn't work out after this week, I will sell the bottle... why should a good thing go to waste.

I can't blame you girl. BT is some good stuff. It's going to be one of my staples. I'm buying the big bottle next time. :grin:

My mom is allergic to sulfur and we had to stop using the BT on her. I think I may have a sulfur sensitivity so I haven't been using mine either. I may give it another shot though.

Back