BT have got me looking a mess

mrshicks2002

I have been using BT since April 14th and I still have 4 more weeks to go before I get a relaxer. I dont usally have this much NG, but thanks to using BT I do and I cant wait to relax. Thanks for the extra growth BT!:yay:

For those that have a little past should length hair, is using BT and still have a minute until your next relaxer, how are you wearing your hair. I went and bought another hair ball yesterday, but I have too much NG to be wearing my hair out because it looks a mess and I dont want to keep wearing the half wigs because I am trying to get my crown area to grow.

Someone please help because my head is looking a mess and I cant go around with a nappy head because I want to stretch my relaxers and I am just on the 5th week.

I suggest investing in some hair accessories. I'm 4 wks post, my next touch-up I'm not doing until July and to avoid heat and dryness all the time I've added a Co-Wash to my weekly wash & DC. After my co-wash, I moisturize oil and airdry into one big braid in the back, partial french braid. And I'm sure to moisture and oil and the edges well before tying the silk scarf and I tie it so it lays down my edges. The next day and the days leading up to my next Wash &DC days, I repeat the nightly process of moisturizing, sealing with oil, braiding, then wrapping. I unravel the braid and put it in an updo using a clip w/tong, or loose lazy bun not high & not too low, with this lazy bun you can put a headwrap that ties in the back, not a full covering one, one about the size of a headband, those are cute and it could get fun matching it with your clothes. The chinese sticks are cute too! These are the other options I'm going to utilize when I want a break from rollersetting and flat-ironing my roots to get a straight look.

SvelteVelvet said:
I suggest investing in some hair accessories. I'm 4 wks post, my next touch-up I'm not doing until July and to avoid heat and dryness all the time I've added a Co-Wash to my weekly wash & DC. After my co-wash, I moisturize oil and airdry into one big braid in the back, partial french braid. And I'm sure to moisture and oil and the edges well before tying the silk scarf and I tie it so it lays down my edges. The next day and the days leading up to my next Wash &DC days, I repeat the nightly process of moisturizing, sealing with oil, braiding, then wrapping. I unravel the braid and put it in an updo using a clip w/tong, or loose lazy bun not high & not too low, with this lazy bun you can put a headwrap that ties in the back, not a full covering one, one about the size of a headband, those are cute and it could get fun matching it with your clothes. The chinese sticks are cute too! These are the other options I'm going to utilize when I want a break from rollersetting and flat-ironing my roots to get a straight look.

Thanks and I will have to try this and may have to start back adding my co-washes.

Guyaneek said:
I just ordered my BT and I can't wait to be looking a hot mess!!!!!

me and you both! I received mine today and was ripping the package open like a mad woman. :lick:

mrshicks2002 said:
I have been using BT since April 14th and I still have 4 more weeks to go before I get a relaxer. I dont usally have this much NG, but thanks to using BT I do and I cant wait to relax. Thanks for the extra growth BT!:yay:

For those that have a little past should length hair, is using BT and still have a minute until your next relaxer, how are you wearing your hair. I went and bought another hair ball yesterday, but I have too much NG to be wearing my hair out because it looks a mess and I dont want to keep wearing the half wigs because I am trying to get my crown area to grow.

Someone please help because my head is looking a mess and I cant go around with a nappy head because I want to stretch my relaxers and I am just on the 5th week.

How often are you using it? I use mine every other day. It is definitely working! I'll be brastrap by the end of this year!!

Can your hair fit in a bun? I'm almost 5 weeks post relaxer and I think i'll be wearing a bun everyday :( until my next relaxer b/c i have too much NG already.:grin:

ClassyND said:
me and you both! I received mine today and was ripping the package open like a mad woman. :lick:

This will be me...

you and your DH look so cute together ;)

ClassyND said:

Okay:lachen: Why do I only have half a bottle and I have only been using it for a week in a half:confused: My sh#& is almost gone:eek: I should have ordered 3 or 4 bottles:perplexed . I will next time:D At first I thought BT made my hair hard but then I realized that I had tried that Fantasia IC Leave in around the same time that I started using BT so now I'm back to my Giovanni Direct Leave In and my hair is back to normal. Come on payday:grin:

I am in the Hot Mess club too and I have another 6 weeks to go! I was going 12 weeks but me thinks we will be settling for 10 weeks instead but I am happy about it. :)

These are the type of problems I'm hoping for!!! I hope BT has me looking a hot mess too!!:lachen:

Hi, ladies,

Another H.A.M. here! :) Thanks to BT, my ng was kicking at 4 weeks. In order to make it to 8 weeks (or more, but I doubt it), I got my hair cornrowed. Before that, I would do bantu knots all over with a little Kemi or some other oil concoction and a little water at night. In the morning, I have little corkscrew-looking curls and I put a headband on; hides the knaps quite nicely! :D

HTH!

Guyaneek said:
I just ordered my BT and I can't wait to be looking a hot mess!!!!!

:lachen: :lachen: Girl you are crackin' me up! I feel ya though...I just got mine Wed. night...I keep lookin in the mirror to see if I look a hot mess yet:p

I'm obsessed and need to quit :eek: :lol:

OP your title is crackin' me up!

tsmith said:
Okay:lachen: Why do I only have half a bottle and I have only been using it for a week in a half:confused: My sh#& is almost gone:eek:
Same thing happend to me. I had to slow up, it was running down my neck and stuff ...forehead all greasy. A little really does go a long way.

Kenedie said:
I am in the Hot Mess club too and I have another 6 weeks to go! I was going 12 weeks but me thinks we will be settling for 10 weeks instead but I am happy about it. :)
THIS SO CUTE THE HOT MESS CLUB I HOPE I AM IN WHEN I COME OUT OF A WEAVE:lachen: I AM GETING GOOD GROWTH ON MY NATURAL HAIR BUT I WANT TO COVER MY HEAD AND LET THE BT COOK FOR TWO MONTHS AND WASH ONCE A WEEK I CANT WAIT:lol: :lachen:

baby42 said:
THIS SO CUTE THE HOT MESS CLUB I HOPE I AM IN WHEN I COME OUT OF A WEAVE:lachen: I AM GETING GOOD GROWTH ON MY NATURAL HAIR BUT I WANT TO COVER MY HEAD AND LET THE BT COOK FOR TWO MONTHS AND WASH ONCE A WEEK I CANT WAIT:lol: :lachen:

:lachen:

Let us know how the cooked BTworks!

Include me in the hot mess club. I am suppose to texlax in July. I most definitely will not make it. I am 9 weeks post right now. Will definitely go at least 12 weeks b4 texlaxing again. Wish I could make it to 12 but I don't think that it likely unless I slow down on the BT, every other day.

KissKiss said:
This will be me...

you and your DH look so cute together ;)

Thanks! :Blush2: Our features are so different that I can't wait to see what our kids will look like. Sorry, off topic..back to BT.

tsmith said:
Okay:lachen: Why do I only have half a bottle and I have only been using it for a week in a half:confused: My sh#& is almost gone:eek: I should have ordered 3 or 4 bottles:perplexed . I will next time:D At first I thought BT made my hair hard but then I realized that I had tried that Fantasia IC Leave in around the same time that I started using BT so now I'm back to my Giovanni Direct Leave In and my hair is back to normal. Come on payday:grin:

:lol: I immediately applied it to my scalp, shook the bottle, and said to myself that one bottle just wasn't going to work. :nono:

Back