BT for ends...my frizzy ends are gone

MrsBKJ

ok So i bought some Bt last year and used it on my scalp but it didn't agree with me at all so it was banished to the back of my wardrobe!
until November when I pulled it out and used it on my ends because I was NOT throwing it out. I loved how it made my ends soft and non frizzy...those of you who know me know my ends and I dont get along.
It looks like my ends have been freshly trimmed and I havent trimmed them since July I think...maybe August.
My ends are actually very lovely lol

So i bought another bottle because I loved it so much.

Anybody else use BT just on their ends?

Uzz

I never thought to use BT for my ends. I knew sulfur was good for the scalp, I just always thought that it would not fair so well with actual hair. So, I guess sulfur is cool for hair strands...I'll have to try BT on my ends now.

BT has sulfur which can be very drying which is why it is designed to be used only on the scalp. BT is made with coconut oil so maybe that is why you are loving your ends. Coconut oil has the ability to help the hair hold on to protein so many people like it for their ends to help keep them strong and seal in moisture.

Hmmm. Thats good to know. But I have a question: doesn't anything that gets on your scalp going to get on your hair?
I feel you. But new growth or unrelaxed hair (if you're natural) closest to the scalp versus the length of the hair just always seemed so different to me when it comes to using product with sulfur in it. It's almost like using MN on the entire length of the hair. But someone was right when they mentioned that BT has oil in it so it probably does cut out the dryness from the sulfur.

BT has sulfur which can be very drying which is why it is designed to be used only on the scalp. BT is made with coconut oil so maybe that is why you are loving your ends. Coconut oil has the ability to help the hair hold on to protein so many people like it for their ends to help keep them strong and seal in moisture.

Hey GF
I have used and still very occasionally use CO for my hair but I never got these results. I went weeks during the summer using only CO but my ends were still frizzy regardless of how I dried them. I did use BT on my scalp before but it didnt agree with my scalp at all...my hair being as dry as it is maybe had something to do with it.
I stopped using CO regularly because it didnt agree with my hair.

I think sulfur repairs hair and the bonds that are "broken" during relaxing and so it may have something to do with that. I'm sure I read that someplace.

Back