BSL and Longer Ladies: How much relaxer did you use the first time?

Sunshine0801

Are there any ladies on here who were BSL or longer when they relaxed? If so, how many tubs of relaxer did you use?

I'm trying to decide whether I need to buy more than one. I'm natural and MBL with dense fine hair...

I would suggest 2-3 if you're getting the 15 oz tubs.

2 will probably do it, but a third tub will make you feel more secure. If you don't need it save it for your touch up.

Curious, what brand of relaxer are you using? Lye or no lye?

I use to use 2 tubs but I only use 1 now. I always buy 2 just incase i run out but i never really need it....

ORS No Lye

I use to use 2 tubs but I only use 1 now. I always buy 2 just incase i run out but i never really need it....

ORS No Lye

You needed 2 tubs just for touch ups? Wow. I thought I was doing something when I almost used one whole tub. :lachen:

2 will probably do it, but a third tub will make you feel more secure. If you don't need it save it for your touch up.

I bought ORS Lye but I changed my mind and now I plan to use Mizani BB for fine/color treated hair. I think their tubs start at 30 oz, so I'll purchase two...

What kind do you use?

30 oz tubs? 1 should work, another for back up/touch ups.

I use and love cheapo Silk Elements Lye, but Mizani BB received some good reviews on the board.

How often do you plan on relaxing? Every 8 weeks? 12?

30 oz tubs? 1 should work, another for back up/touch ups.

I use and love cheapo Silk Elements Lye, but Mizani BB received some good reviews on the board.

How often do you plan on relaxing? Every 8 weeks? 12?

Yeah, the reviews seem to consistently talk about how good it is for not getting your hair too straight too fast. That's why I changed my mind and decided to go with this instead of ORS. I'm going to texlax, and would hate to get too straight for my first relaxer, so I'm going to add a little SAA to it and keep it on for less than 10 minutes. I'm hoping to get loose waves so that it's easy to straighten without heat.

In the beginning I plan to relax every 12-16 weeks. I'll stretch as long as I can, because the last time I had a relaxer (over 5 years ago), I relaxed every 8 weeks and I think that's one of the main reasons my hair broke off so badly. :ohwell:

Back