Brushes & breakage?

natstar

Question- Do any ladies (esp naturals) brush down their edges daily without getting any breakage? I really want to have my hair a little smoother when I clip it up. The scarf helps, but not that much. Any suggestions? let me know

I lightly brush with a boar bristle brush and some aloe vera gel, but I do tolerate a less than perfectly smooth hairline.

Im transitioning but I brought a boar bristle brush for my updo's. I only brush when my hair is wet and with leave in conditioner or mango butter and it has to be after I comb. Before taking care of my hair I just wet the brush and let her rip...lol but now since I am still a neat freak when it comes to my hair I am learning to let it go a little....the scarf doesn't work that well for me either because in the morning I am back to puffy edges...

I threw away all my brushes a year ago. My edges have grown back nicely since then. The major culprit was tight microbraids though. I can't wait until May my 1 year aniversary. By the time my anniversary comes around it will be 6 months without a relaxer.:)

I only use a boar bristle brush when I don't have time for a scarf. And when I do use it I only do like one stroke. When I'm trying to get those edges down nothing works better for than wetting my hands and running them through my hair, one swipe with the brush, have the ponytail holder, or headband in hand,create puff, or ponytail, and quickly wrap scarf around. I do this right when I wake up before I get in the shower and take it off right when I'm leaving out of the door for work, so maybe about 30-45 minutes to dry. If i'm trying to get it cute I will use my old toothbrush, that's extra soft, and use that on my baby hairs:grin: , no gel.

I use a 100% boar bristle brush on my edges with no problems. I don't do it every day, though.

Back