Brownrelaxedhair - Your curls w/ Ripple Effects

Heheeee. Sorry, I know this was directed to someone else /images/graemlins/grin.gif but I just wanted to butt in.

John Frieda came out with this product called John Frieda Ripple EFfect Wave-Maker Spray. It has a scent, slightly reminiscent of jeri curl activator but NO WHERE as strong so you don't have to worry about that.

Well, I tried it and I loved it. For me, it gave me waves and curls too! The only downside is that it can leave your hair dry and crunchy and also frizzy, but that all depends on the person of course. And also, when you wake up the next morning, you will not have the same curls that you made the day before because they get crushed when you sleep on them. You can add more the next day and scrunch, but I would just a water and scruch and I had the curls and waves again.
Oh, and you obtain the waves by simply scrucnching.

I had to stop using it unfortunately /images/graemlins/frown.gif because my stylist said that it was fighting my perm. Whenever my hair is wet now, it curls up. She wanted to put perm on the ends but I told her NO! So now, to get a curly look, I can do a variety of things. I can gel it and scrunch or mousse it and scruch, or put the World of Curls and scrunch (I like better) or I can put the some Profectiv Break-Free and scrunch and I can do a bunch of other things.
Here are the ingredients and directions! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
For chemically straightened hair.
Revolutionary formula produces loose, sexy waves on
relaxed hair - just spray + scrunch.
Non-greasy, leave-in spray moisturizes as it styles.
Does not require a hot iron.
Extraordinary formula wakes up the wave pattern in
relaxed hair for sexy, loose, wavy results... without the
use of damaging curling irons.
Curl enhancers plus conditioning oils create soft,
glistening S-curls.
First day, spray and scrunch to get the look; next day,
spray and scrunch where needed to keep the look.

Instructions
Shake well to mix before spraying.

Get the look: Apply to wet hair. Spray hair liberally to soak
strands completely. Scrunch small sections of hair gently in fist
until S configuration forms, then continue scrunching hair while
blow drying. Set dryer on low or use a diffuser attachment to
retain curl shape. (For best results, first apply Frizz-Ease Relax
Texture Correcting Serum to soaking wet hair before using
Ripple Effect).

Keep the look: Spray on dry ends, or wherever wave-pattern
needs reviving, and scrunch while drying.

Ingredients
Water , Isododecane , Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone ,
Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil ,
Diethyhexyl Maleate , Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed
Oil , PVP/dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer , Sea
Salt , PVP/va Copolymer , Magnesium Sulfate , Ethylhexyl
Methoxycinnamate , Dmdm Hydantoin , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
, Fragrance , Sorbitan Oleate , Butylene Glycol , Iodopropynyl
Butylcarbamate , Silk Amino Acids , Sodium Chloride , Violet 2
, Ext. Violet 2 , Green 6 , Red 33 , Citric Acid , Formula No.

Hey thanks for that! No apologies needed! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I say if you're gonna but in, do it with something good and you did.

Thanks again.

CVS, Walgreens, and some beauty supply stores carry it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck!

But honestly, I would test some wet strands or something first, because I've read a lot of reviews where people didn't like it. Not to discourage you, but this is just a heads up, considering you have a date tonight. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh do nto worry I have my drawstring on reserve,....my emergency hair...I am also gonna buy one for tonight just in case.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Talk about being prepared! Great thinking!

Hey party over here!!!
I just got back from lunch and I got the Ripple Effect PLUS the Texture correcting Serum that u use with it for gloss and shine...I am so excited. I am sure it iwll be ifn ebecasue I have a "slight" wave going in my hair when wet anyway...stylists have always complained that after a touch up I still have waves in my length. So cross your fingers for me ladies and hopefully I will have some nice pics to post....I can not wait to get home!!!
I am still gonna stop and pick up that ponytail..everyone thought it was mine the last time I wore it...It is really pretty it is long and in layers...with loose curls I took 1 pic with it on I am gonna take another one nad post it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I remember that excitement. That's just how excited I was when I saw the Ripple Effect in the store after wanting it for a few weeks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey I just read your signature...I think we are the same length...for now anyway I am thinking of cutting mine to shoulder length to get the color and old relaxer out.....My hair is growing in thick dark wavy and shiny it is gonna be pretty:0) thanks to the hair boards

Hi pmichael.

AFter washing my hair I run Kiehls with Silk Groom through out first. That stops the frizzies big time.Then I spray the R E through out, scrunching handfuls of hair over and over. I continue scrunching at various times throughout the day until the hair is completely dried.

I wore my hair like this alot during the summer so it would dry easier. The next morning I'd lightly re wet the hair and go or spray a bit more product in it. I'd pile the hair up at nights to the crown of my head held with a scrunchie and tied with a scarf.

I'd have to re-do the look every 3 days-ish.

Hope this helps!

Re: Brownrelaxedhair - Your curls w/ Ripple Effect

I bought the Texture Correcting Serum along with the Relax Daily Replenisher (also by John Frieda) to achieve that effect, and now I understand why it didn't work. Because my hair is underprocessed, it gets very wavy when it's wet. The texture correcting serum looked ok when I first applied it, but the hair became a tangled hard mess when it dried. Maybe I'll look for the Ripple Effect in CVS today when I go out to do errands. It will definitely give me a different look, since I usually roller set. It's so darned COLD in NY today, I might not get to those errands for a while! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back