BROWNDILOCKS' REVIEW: Maxiglide/Sedu

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
So after getting a "big chop" in the beginning of February to get rid of my permed ends, I'm at a new length and newer texture. Everyone who knows me knows that I love my Sedu but I recently had the change to try the Maxiglide. I'll get straight to the glide's pros & cons:

CONS
1 - This thing looks scary and its rather bulky.
2 - I had to refill the water for the steam feature 3 times while doing my hair.
3 - No matter how much I combed beforehand, little hairs continued to get caught in the glide's teeth.

PROS

1 - The STEAM!:love: leaves hair moist and bouncy.
2 - Hair is left straight but still with plenty of body and elasticity.
3 - The little teeth, although it pulls hairs, makes a unique difference.

THE VERDICT
It is my opinion that the Maxiglide and the Sedu are irons that give 2 completely different looks. The smooth plates on the Sedu are far more superior than the smooth plates on the maxiglide. As a result, you achieve a sleek, shiny, bone straight look with the Sedu like none other.

The Maxiglide's end result is more of a straight, bouncy look that has a little more body, but isn't as sleek & shiny. This is a result of the little teeth plates and steam. So basically, it all just depends on what type of look you're going for.

The Maxiglide is a great iron although I'd lke to see it in a more compact model. Perhaps by then I'd be open to buying one. My first love is still the Sedu but Maxiglide makes a good mistress.

ETA: Technical difficulties. I'll post pics in a few.

Attachments

• Hair1.JPG
    Hair1.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Hair2.JPG
    Hair2.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Hair3.JPG
    Hair3.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Hair4.JPG
    Hair4.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Beautiful hair!! I can tell which is the sedu (right side) and maxi. Either way they both look great.

Browndilocks said:
So after getting a "big chop" in the beginning of February to get rid of my permed ends, I'm at a new length and newer texture. Everyone who knows me knows that I love my Sedu but I recently had the change to try the Maxiglide. I'll get straight to the glide's pros & cons:

CONS
1 - This thing looks scary and its rather bulky.
2 - I had to refill the water for the steam feature 3 times while doing my hair.
3 - No matter how much I combed beforehand, little hairs continued to get caught in the glide's teeth.

PROS

1 - The STEAM!:love: leaves hair moist and bouncy.
2 - Hair is left straight but still with plenty of body and elasticity.
3 - The little teeth, although it pulls hairs, makes a unique difference.

THE VERDICT
It is my opinion that the Maxiglide and the Sedu are irons that give 2 completely different looks. The smooth plates on the Sedu are far more superior than the smooth plates on the maxiglide. As a result, you achieve a sleek, shiny, bone straight look with the Sedu like none other.

The Maxiglide's end result is more of a straight, bouncy look that has a little more body, but isn't as sleek & shiny. This is a result of the little teeth plates and steam. So basically, it all just depends on what type of look you're going for.

The Maxiglide is a great iron although I'd lke to see it in a more compact model. Perhaps by then I'd be open to buying one. My first love is still the Sedu but Maxiglide makes a good mistress.

ETA: Technical difficulties. I'll post pics in a few.

They do have a smaller one. Alot of people complain that it doesn't work as well though.

I totally forgot the Maxi comes with smooth plates! I've never used them. It seems like they would be good for touch ups but not initial straightening.

Now I wanna try a Sedu, darn you:mad: :lol:

Oh yeah, GREAT hair! What temp did you use the maxi on?

i also have the miniglide. ill try the two. although i heard the miniglide has no heat control. so ill just pass it through my hair once

Thanks 4 the compliments. :D

All of the previous pics are with the maxiglide. I didn't get any good pics with my sedu after my first cut but here's one that I took of the Sedu style with my phone (attached).

Also, the temperature that I used on maxiglide was 5. I didn't even realize that I had it that low until I was finished! :eek:

Attachments

• Hair236.jpg
    Hair236.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 85
OH YEAH

Just wanted to say that I'm officially out of the closet... these are my 1st LHCF picture postings. :fallenang

Browndilocks said:
OH YEAH

Just wanted to say that I'm officially out of the closet... these are my 1st LHCF picture postings. :fallenang
congrats! lol. i havent posted pics of myself cos im undercover :sekret:

sylver2 said:
BrowndiLocks..Your hair is BEAUTIFUL. I love it

That means alot coming from you. Your tips & generous pics have really helped me out. I'm a new hair woman thanks to you and Nay.

Wow!:eek::eek::eek: Your hair is soo gorgeous! What did you use as a heat protectant? I can't wait til my hair is long enough to use my maxiglide!:lol:

toosexy1 said:
i just received mine and the maxiglide is huge!

Ditto.... I like it, also, but I find myself gravitating towards the Miniglide because it is easier to handle...

Ain't her hair something!! She really is "Browndilocks" :lol:

Thanks for sharing the great pics. You almost make me want to try a Maxiglide myself!

Thanks again everybody. :)

I shampooed and conditioned with Aubrey Organics White Cameilla Ultra Smoothing line. For a heat protectant, I used a little raw shea butter and NTM serum, mixed together, on damp hair. Blow dried then flat ironed and that was it.

No more heat for a while for me, but it was fun doing this comparison. HTH ;)

Wow! I am loving the hair girl! :love: So thick and full! :love: No more hair hiding okay??? Shooo, if my hair looked like that they would have to block out my picture posting privledges because I would be all up and down the boards showcasing my hair:lachen:

OK -

I have to flat iron my hair again this weekend (booked a job, yeah!). I'll be using my Sedu so I'll try to post better Sedu pics. I'll try to make them as clear as possible because hopefully after this I can put my hair on a on a heat vacation. :)

We'll be eagerly anticipating any and all pictures you want to share. Keep 'em coming ;)

And good luck on your upcoming job!

(P.S. Yes, I do think the castor oil gives my twistouts a nice shine)

wow your hair is gorgeous!!:love: thanks for posting the reviews b/c i have been debating on which to buy.

Bumpity bump! About to post new Sedu pics...

If anyone knows how to link 2 pics for a side by side comparison, please PM me. Thanks!

Back