Bronner Brothers Hair Show Review

babyu21

Good Evening Ladies:

I went to the hair show today in Baltimore and just wanted to check in to give my review. I attended the show in Atlanta about 6 or 7 years ago so I was using that as my point of reference.

My overall impression was that of disappointment. The exhibit floor was really small, like a quarter the size of the show in ATL. Now I knew the show wouldn't be as big but there are several major companies that I expected to be there that were not. They also didn't have a schedule of the classes posted anywhere and you had to pay $3.00 to get a brochure with the listings in it. I have attended several conferences and other shows in the past it made no sense to me that no schedule was provided. Even if it was just on plain copy paper it would have been nice to know what workshops where taking place and when.

I also expected to see more platform artists, fantasy hair and natural styles which there were very few of. The only pro I can think of is that they had great deals on products and I found the few things I really wanted to try.

I am not sure if I will attend tomorrow because I got everything I wanted and I am not sure if any workshops I wanted to attend will be taking place. I don't think it will be worth the drive and price of parking.

I am glad I paid a reduced price to get the tickets and I really want to go and see what it was all about but I don't think I would attend this show again. If you really want the experience just save your coins and attend the show in ATL. :yep:

Oh yeah and the had this great curved comb to cut hair that looked really promising. I will go find a picture to see if any of you have tried it. BRB

I went and was disappointed it was tacky imo. Most of the product were local bss products like bigen, bb vendors. I agree with op, the accessories for stylist was good. I tried to get some dudley drc 28, but since i'm not license couldn't. I know dudley know that all their products are in bss anyway. Oh well saved my money didn't have to spend it because there was nothing. That was the only professional hair product vendor i seen. There were alot of jewelry and makeup vendors non of them well known. The expo in Washington, was so much better, even Barry Fletcher was there doing hair and it was a women expo, the hype for Bronner:nono:

Thanks much for the reviews ladies! I'm in cosmetology school and our instructor encouraged us to attend the show this weekend. However, I didn't have the extra funds to go so I was feeling a bit dissappointed that I missed out. :( Well it seems I didn't miss much. So now I will just save up and go the ATL show later this summer. :)

The more I thought about it the more i realized a bunch of vendors were absent. I know Sally's usually has a huge booth in ATL but they were no where to be found. No motions or creme of nature either. I am surprised BB would put their name on this show and not have any standards. I got my ticket cheap so I wasn't that mad about it but I will not be going back to this one in the future.

I was basically a glorified Expo and we have those in DC all the time.

Thanks for the review! I really wanted to go as well but couldn't, so I'm glad I didn't miss anything.

Back