Bringhraj Powder....Where to buy...English name?

Mahalialee4

Okay. Brahmi powder = goto kulu if I understand correctly.
Now What is the English name for Bhringraj powder? = Indian Pennywort? and where can I buy Bhringraj powder in a store or online in Canada?

Thank you for the headsup! bonjour

If you're in the GTA you should be able to find it in most indian stores, if you're not then I guess you have to buy it online. :look:

I'm sorry I don't know the English translation for it.

I got mine from nature with love too.
(link above)

I think we still have the disct with them too see Discount Sticky.

This is really good stuff. I used this with my prepoo/hotoil treatments. i love it.

Guess what? I found a supplier in Canada...yippee!
Trade Technocrats Ltd.
www.tradetechnocrats.com phone: 877-352-4372 Ontario, Canada
Thank you for the other sites too, ladies, but this way I do not have to pay the customs etc. etc. and get nailed for more than I pay for the product.
For someone in that area:

Address: 130 Dynamic Drive
#18, Scarborough, Ontario, MIV5c9
and email address: [email protected]
Hope this helps some Canadians too.

Could you ladies share the different ways you use this product and what your results have been.?..thank you so much bonjour

Hello! This is what I found about Bhringaraj:

www.iloveindia.com/indian-herbs/bhringaraj.html
Family Name: Asteraceae.
Botanical Name(s): Eclipta Alba
Popular Name(s): Babri, Galagara, Gunta-kalagara, Kaikeshi, Karisha-langanni, Karisirang-kanni, Kesharaji, Kesuri, Kesuria, Kesutti, Maka, Mochkand.
Parts Used: Herb, Roots, Leaves.
Habitat: This herb is found throughout India and the southwestern U.S.

Description: Bhringaraj is a creeping and moisture-loving herb; it has a short, flat or round stem and small white flowers on a long stalk. It grows 3" tall; the leaves are opposite and lance shaped.
Uses: This is the main herb for the hair and cirrhosis in Ayurveda. It is believed to prevent aging, maintains and rejuvenates hair, teeth, bones, memory, sight, and hearing. It also rejuvenates kidneys and liver. As oil, it removes graying, balding, makes the hair darker, and promotes deep sleep. It also improves complexion. The root powder is used in Ayurveda for hepatitis, enlarged spleen and skin disorders. Mixed with salt, it relieves burning urine. Mixed with a little oil and applied to the head, it relieves headache.

And here is something on the oil:
http://www.pukkaherbs.com/file/d14e06ad920e4b34fe183f81c5f85b4c/bhringaraj-hair-oil-200ml.html

‘Bhringaraj’ means ‘King of Hair’ in Sanskrit. This oil is traditionally used in Ayurveda to nourish and strengthen the hair. Its rejuvenating properties help to prevent early greying and balding. Ayurveda's view on these conditions is that due to high testosterone levels, pitta becomes very high and literally wilts the hair roots. The herbs in this oil particularly help to reduce pitta. Bhringaraj is also considered to be very nourishing if early greying is caused by nutritional deficiencies following childbirth or illness.

Directions for use: Apply to the scalp 1 to 2 times per day. Apply liberally as a warm massage oil and allow to absorb into your scalp for at least half an hour, or ideally leave on overnight. Warm gently in your hands or heat naturally before applying. Wash off in a warm shower or bath after use.

I used to be really interested in this oil. But I never tried it - I heard somewhere that it was good for edges

Has anyone ever used the oil (Eclipta Alba is the other name for Bhringraj) or the powders and what has this done for your hair?

Okay. I found it already here in Canada. I ordered the Eclipta Alba, Sheep Sorrel and Foti Root Powders in the i lb. bag. I have to find my order sheets to give the address and phone number. Give me a few hours. bonjour

Okay. Found it. Trade Technocrats Lt. 130 Dynamic Drive, Unit #18 Scarborough, Ontario They have a website: http://www.tradetechnocrats.com/ For the herb owders. It took me 2 years to track down the Eclipta Alba powder in Canada!!!!
Also FYI
I got my All Natural Emu Oil large size unadulterated solid
frin LB Processors (a Division of Lazy "B" Emu Ranch
ph. 615-746-8485 Chapmansboro Tennessee
1864 Mosley Ferry Road.

Last edited:
What does Eliptica Alba do?

Stimulates hair growth according to Ayurvedic testimonials. check the web under Indian Herbal Powders. HTH bonjour
"Synonym
Eclipta prostata L., Eclipta erecta.
Common name
Eclipta, bhringaraj, false daisy, bringraj, han lian cao, takasaburou, yerba de tago, congo lanna.
Family
Asteraceae (Sunflower family).
Overview
This tropical annual is a creeping and moisture-loving herb; it has a short, flat or round, brown stem and small white flowers on a long stalk. It grows 3" tall; the leaves are opposite and lance-shaped.
Eclipta grows abundantly in the tropics
SYNONYM(S) : Eclipta alba (L.) Hassk. (PIER), Eclipta punctata L. , Verbesina alba L., Verbesina prostrata L. (GCW)
CHINESE : Han lian cao.
ENGLISH : Eclipta, False daisy, Swamp daisy, White eclipta.
FRENCH : Éclipte blanche.
HINDI : Babri, Bhamgra, Bhangra, Bhangraiya, Mocakand, Mochkand.
KANNADA : Garagadasappu, Garugalu, Kadiggagaraga.
MALAYALAM : Kaikeshi, KaNNuni, Kayyunni.
SANSKRIT : Bhringraj, Bhringaraj, Bhringaraja, Bhrngarajah, Kesharaja, Kesharanjana, TEkrAjah.
SPANISH : Hierba de tajo, Yerba de tajo.
TAMIL : Kaikeshi (as E. alba), Karisalangani, Karisalankanni, Kaiyanthagarai, Karisilanganni.
TELUGU : Galagara, Galagara chettu, Gunta galijeru, Gunta kalagara, Kaikeshi.
URDU : Babri, Bhangra.
ZULU : Ungcolozi.
Pounded leaves with coconut oil used for hair growth.

Last edited:
**DO NOT BUY FROM THIS VENDOR** RuchitaAyurveda.com
This company is FRAUD. Please do not wasted your hard earned cash with this BOGUS company. There is no customer service to answer any of your inquires. The only time that this person contacts you is when you do a paypal dispute. TRUST me I have had an ongoing fight with this seller for a month, then when I do a paypal dispute he, she, it decides to contact me and say we can only ship to the address that is on file with paypal, no problem that is fine but WHEN r u shipping the order? NOTHING then I do a paypal dispute now she wants to work? she can respond to my emails now huh? The whole time telling her CANCEL my order, CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL...still no tracking number even to this day.

Back