Bright Highlights without Bleaching?

Ginsana

Can this be acheived? I was planning on going to a stylist to highlight my hair, but I have decided that I am going to do it myself. I would like a nice bright brassy color close to blond or copper color. Can I acheive this color using a take home highlighting kit without having to bleach my hair??

Also, can you all recommend some good home highlighting kits?? I got a few good recs., but can you guys think of anymore that will not be harmful to my hair...oh and by the way I'm texturized if that helps.

i've only had highlights twice in life and i used that african pride kit and my hair got very very light and in some places it looked platinum and i have very dark hair that does not take color very well at all....

I would like to recommend Textures & Tones in Honey Blonde, Bronze, Cherrywood and Flaming Desire. It is not a highlighting kit but a permanent hair color. However, it is not very harsh on the hair. I used it to highlight my hair by using a plastic cap to pull threw the hair strands that I wanted to be highlighted. Applied the hair color for the suggested time stated on the box, rinsed hair to remove color, shampooed with protein and moisturizing shampoo, conditioned with protein and moisturizing conditioner (<---conditioner that comes in the box) and then I followed up with a deep conditioner. The results were excellent.

secretdiamond said:
I thought that anything that makes your hair lighter has some form of bleach in it.

You may be right about this because I don't understand how a color can still be gentle yet it changes the color of your hair strands. But from what I understand the killer ingredients that we should avoid in hair color are ammonia and hydrogen peroxide. I am not quite sure if there are anymore other harmful ingredients that we should avoid in permanent color. The Textures and Tones didn't contain any of these harmful ingredients so I went ahead and used it for highlighting and its much less harsher than using the African Pride highlighting kit that contains one or two of these ingredients that can cause major damage to your hair after a while. But I do believe that the Textures and Tones does contain harsh ingredients but they might not be as harmful as the ones found in permanent color that contains either ammonia or hydrogen peroxide.

Back