bridal shower

CandiedLipgloss

Anyone had or is having their bridal shower? My co workers are throwing me one in a couple weeks and they asked for my wish list.
I have no idea what to ask for. Im reading online, and some people say household and others personal things. I dont want to ask coworkers for bedroom related stuff like lingerie.
My coworker said to ask for makeup acessories and gift cards.

Help.

I agree that the office should not buy romance-related items. For co-workers - we usually collect money and buy a group card, cake and one "large sum" gift card.

But, I recently went to Bridal Shower (this was personal friends and family) and the invitation asked for things off their registry -only household-related stuff!

I'm throwing a bridal shower in the very near future. Can you not open the gifts given the location but send thank you cards after?

My coworker said to ask for makeup accessories and gift cards.

If they are the hosts, I'd go with what they suggest. But honestly, I'll be annoyed if my bride asks for household stuff. Leave that for your wedding registry! lol! I agree with gift cards, spa certificates, honey moon vacation items (flip flops for the beach, floppy hat etc. nothing bedroom related if you're uncomfortable with that).

I agree non bedroom (sexy type stuff) and non household items as both of those are covered when you have a bachelor party gifts and wedding gifts

Update
The bridal shower at work turned out nice. The school nurse really made it nice and special. I didnt open gifts till I got home. But the people that wanted to get me lingerie asked first.
So it all worked out

( I tried 3 times to post pics but the app keeps crashing when I do) :-/

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140514_042310.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140514_042310.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ForumRunner_20140514_042331.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140514_042331.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 64
The nurse also used a shoji screen with our pics attached to stems.
It had dangling hearts with words of advice from all my coworkers.

Back