breakage woes.....

sunny

i have breakage in the back of my head, not at the nape..at the back like where u lay on when u sleep...,has anyone ever experienced breakage in this area? what did u do to combat it? thanx.

i have stopped wrapping my hair since about the beginning of may i and have just been doing an alternate version of the wrap and tying my hair in a satin scarf. But the back of my head has always been thin and prone to breakage i dont know if its because i sleep on the back of my head or what? can anyone offer any advice or suggestions?

sunny, what kind of products do you use? Do you use heat? Are you relaxed or natural? When's the last time you had your ends trimmed?

[ QUOTE ]
sunny said:
i have stopped wrapping my hair since about the beginning of may i and have just been doing an alternate version of the wrap and tying my hair in a satin scarf. But the back of my head has always been thin and prone to breakage i dont know if its because i sleep on the back of my head or what? can anyone offer any advice or suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are tying the scarf in the back, that may be your problem.

im relaxed..i dont know what my hair type is..prolly 4a...i dont use curling irons or blowdriers at all and i go to the salon about once a week for a rollerset no blowdrying just rollerset and go. my hair got worse after i came back from college last semester, but my hair has always been thin back there,,,again not at the nape,,, like the actual back of my head.im starting to use surge on my scalp at the back and maybe that will make those hairs stronger and les prone to breakage..

Sunny,

The first time I had this happen it was because my beautician was overprocessing my hair, i.e. applying the product too frequently. It resulted in lots of breakage. Lots of times they will apply too much relaxer in back, because they want to get the "kitchen" straight. I have had this result when I am also under stress. Like you, I thought it was the way I was sleeping. But it wasn't. Keep using the scarf & a satin pillowcase, but be gentle with your hair. I had to let my beautician press & curl me until my hair got healthier & that worked. Give yourself weekly moisturizing conditioners and a protein conditioner every 14 days. Do not use heat. You know what I mean, the curling iron we think we can't live without. It may take a few months but your hair will spring back!

Sunny,
What is your daily maintenance routine & what kind of conditioners are you using? How do you use your Surge and how long have you been using it? I believe the protein in the Surge is too much for my hair.

Back