breakage vs new hair?

Kaela

how can you tell the difference between hair that is breaking for whatever reason versus new strands that are growing in, and are just shorter than the rest of your hair?

also, on the breakage note...what does breakage from extending relaxers look like (how short are the remaining pieces)?

ohwell.gif

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. How do I know if my hair broke off there or if that's a new strand??? Because it's pretty inconsistent all over my head. I answered my own question by thinking back over how much hair actually comes out with combouts. The strands that I sample actually have bulbs attached and are longer strands. If a strand is short and has a bulb I know it broke off at some point - but there aren't too many of those. I can't recall seeing any recently.

I may be wrong, but I thought that if we saw the bulb, it was normal shedding and not breakage, and with breakage, there is no bulb.

[ QUOTE ]
slwe415 said:
I may be wrong, but I thought that if we saw the bulb, it was normal shedding and not breakage, and with breakage, there is no bulb.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too and have found with my own hair.

Yep, thats how I can tell shedding from breakage....but I'm noticing random shorter hairs on the top of my head, but I haven't noticed more hair in the combout or anything like that. So I didn't know if the shorter hairs where old broken hair, or new hair growing in
confused.gif

Back