breakage/sheddihg/protien?

teysmith

the past few days I have been noticing a few hairs in my comb and sink. I dont know if it is normal or not. Its somewhere between 6-10 hairs give or take. the hairs are usually short peices but lately I've been seeing much longer strands. some which are white at the tips.
Is this normal? Is it breakage or shedding? which is worse?

Today I was thinking about do an egg treatment. I have and Aphogee 2 step protein treatment that I have been scared to use. I was thinking about giving it a try. But should I? will the egg treatment be just as good?

the past few days I have been noticing a few hairs in my comb and sink. I dont know if it is normal or not. Its somewhere between 6-10 hairs give or take. the hairs are usually short peices but lately I've been seeing much longer strands. some which are white at the tips.
Is this normal? Is it breakage or shedding? which is worse?

Long strands with white bulbs at the tips=shedding.

Short pieces with no white bulbs=breakage.

It's normal for humans to shed up to 150 hairs per day so 6-10 shed hairs is nothing. Also, i don't think that many broken hairs is a big deal either, but other people freak out over 1 or 2. Anyway, if you find an increasing amount of broken hair day by day that may be an issue. Re-evaluate how gentle you are when combing and styling and make sure your hair isn't dry.

I don't use aphogee or egg treatments so hopefully someone else can help you with that. They won't stop shedding but it may help if you are having breakage because your hair is over moisturized.

The Aphogee won't stop shedding, only breaking. You should try the Aphogee only every 6 to 8 weeks and follow up with a really good moisturizing DC to help bring your hair back to softness after the protein treatment.

Agree with the ladies above. Aphogee will help with breakage only. If you do a 2 step treatment, just be sure to FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY!!! It is one of few products that I ALWAYS use as directed. There's nothing to be scared of :lol:, I'm natural and gave myself a treatment this morning. My hair just loves it :infatuated:! If you feel the shedding is excessive, which, given what you've described, it's NOT, then garlic is an item a lot of ladies like. Queen Helene and Alter Ego both make garlic based products; I just add garlic oil to my DC and call it a day. Good luck :grin:!

Back