BREAKAGE...Please Help!!!

FreeNewMe

I just recently texlaxed my hair after a year of transitioning. Prior to a few months ago I knew nothing about good haircare. Since relaxing I've been having breakage...like half of the strand or the ends. Enough to where I've become concerned.

I reconstructed after relaxing and DC'd. Also, used Emergencia after washing 5 days later for 15 min in shower before DCing. Did a pre poo yesterday before wash with Kenra Color-Maintenance protein cond. What else can I do? Is this a protein issue at this point?

I WANT IT TO STOP...I'm just starting this growth journey and don't need a major bump in the road.

Advice?

I just recently texlaxed my hair after a year of transitioning. Prior to a few months ago I knew nothing about good haircare. Since relaxing I've been having breakage...like half of the strand or the ends. Enough to where I've become concerned.

I reconstructed after relaxing and DC'd. Also, used Emergencia after washing 5 days later for 15 min in shower before DCing. Did a pre poo yesterday before wash with Kenra Color-Maintenance protein cond. What else can I do? Is this a protein issue at this point?

I WANT IT TO STOP...I'm just starting this growth journey and don't need a major bump in the road.

Advice?

Sounds like a protein overload to me. All the things I bolded have protein in them, no? Your hair may not need so much protein--- especially because it is texlaxed. Check the ingredients of your products and try stepping up your moisturizing game sans protein and hopefully that will help.

Advice?

What did you use to relax your hair?

Great, I'll try those. I, for some reason, thought that once I texlaxed that my hair would suffer from lack of protein, and since I started seeing the broken hairs after relaxing I thought I needed to beefed it up. I'll use only moisture for the next few weeks and see if that helps.

Thanks!!

I agree with ackee walk and LadyEsquire. You should get down on some good moisturizing deep conditioning. Maybe start off with an overnighter if you can. Let that moisture soak in real nice. :yep:

Also had been using EQP Mango Butter....found out that is protein as well.

Overload is probably the answer...thanks for all the help.

Back