Breakage or Shedding?

kaykaybobay

After washing and and removing tangles from several sections the below picture it what hair comes out. I cannot tell if it is shedding or breakage. If it is breakage how can I stop it? I've tried protein my hair absolutely hates it. I use now olive oil before I wash, Anita Grant Amla shampoo bar, and natures gate conditioners - this combination leaves my hair pretty soft and moisturized. I do use castor oil on my ends as well.

Attachments

• hair shed.jpeg
    hair shed.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 40
You have to compare the hair strands to the length of the hair on your head so unravel those and measure. And if the bulb is on the strand, then it's shedding.

I can't tell by the pic. Shedding has a white bulb at the end and breakage does not. First you must determine if it's shedding or breaking as each has a separate treatment.

ty all so far - I will go with breakage then for the shorter hairs. I can live with a few shed hairs but short breaks I'm so tired of . I think I have tried everything. I just went through my hair for the night. Went through sections and twisted, castor oil on the ends and I had lots of short breaks. Not a ton but enough. I cannot find anything at all to stop this. I have tried everything from molasses, eggs, deep conditioning etc. Very frustrating.

Back