Breakage on the entire left side of my head

Glitter

I was sectioning my hair today to apply some BT when I noticed something strange - the length of my hair seemed very different on the right side than it did on the left side. A quick mirror check confirmed what I feared: all along my hairline on the left side of my head, all the hair on the perimeter is broken off.

I'm not sure what to think about this. Whenever I get close to shoulder length, it seem like one side of my head always has problems with breakage so I never actually realize my length. :wallbash: I usually end up getting a trim back up to ear length to correct the problem; however, I am determined to not have this happen. I'm on the HYH challenge so I don't want to cut my hair now because I'm already seeing some results

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening? My last relaxer was mid-May so maybe it's time for a touch up?

I don't know - I'm going to review some photos of the few weeks and see if I can pinpoint when exactly my hair started breaking off. Maybe it's related to a diet change or soemthing.

Hi
I experienced some breakage due to sulphur at the back of my head
Sulphur is very drying and can break the hair - so before applying BT, MTG etc you have to make sure your hair is moisturized and be sure to only apply it to your scalp.
HTH
icon7.gif

My left side was like this for a long time when I was relaxed. Even now I can see the left side in the back is more sparse when I wear my hair out. But I never figured out what it came from.

Hi
I experienced some breakage due to sulphur at the back of my head
Sulphur is very drying and can break the hair - so before applying BT, MTG etc you have to make sure your hair is moisturized and be sure to only apply it to your scalp.
HTH
icon7.gif

Oh, I had no idea. I have been rather sloppily applying my BT and I don't always do it on moisturized hair. Thank you for this tip, I will change the way I apply it.

My left side was like this for a long time when I was relaxed. Even now I can see the left side in the back is more sparse when I wear my hair out. But I never figured out what it came from.

Bmore, how did you treat your hair when it was in this condition? How long did it take for you to see growth in this area or for it to be less noticable?

I seriously have a 1/2 inch of new growth all around my edges, in the front and back of my head. Not a cute look. :ohwell:

I have a similiar problem. My left side is less healthier/thinner than my right. I was thinking maybe because I sleep on that side???? I haven't corrected the problem, yet, it's a matter of trial and error, but I've done weekly ORS hair mayonnaise treatments and I try to keep my hair moisturized. Good luck :)

Back