Breakage in the middle of my head :(

me too me too. I am trying to deal with it in several ways. I try not to manipulate the area too often so right now I do a hide your hair/ Lady Paniola method and wearing half wigs. I also massage the area with JBCO. Needless to say I try to restrict my heat use and be careful with my protein/moisture balance.

I have the same problem no matter how much I baby that section. I always assumed it was overprocessing (or relaxing in general), but even after being on LHCF for three years, low/no heat, protective styling, stretching relaxers, and texlaxing, it still breaks. I trim any splits in that area regularly and try not to manipulate that section. My crown is actually the reason why my hair is not BSL or longer.

My new growth in that section is very tightly curled when I let my hair airdry. I think it's 4B.

For a while, I thought it was my hood dryer...so I stopped doing rollersets. Didn't help - I actually think my hair tangled more in that section from airdrying.

I just noticed that I have weirdness in this area, too. :perplexed My hair is a medium-fine 4a-b mix and my crown seems to be something else entirely. It feels like fragile airdried relaxed hair. I co-wash and wet-bun often and now I realize that this area is probably suffering from hygral fatigue.

I'm going to give coconut oil (ugh :angry2:) prepoos a try and see if that helps. I'm fairly early in my journey, so I'm glad I'm dealing with this now instead of two years down the line.

I have the same exact problem. I actually think that it's from when I used to put my hair up in a high bun often to PS, causing where I placed the scrunchie every time to get weaker and weaker. Im still trying to figure out what to do to stop the breakage in that area.

Back