Breakage Help Needed!!!! in weird spot

StarFish106

Hi ladies:

Lately I have noticed on the top of my hair (think top surface of hair pulled in a pigtail) the top hair doesn't lay down. The ends are sticking up because they are breaking off and I don't know why. Here is what I have been up too

-Braid removal 8/31 (redid braids monthly since 5/31/08)
-Relaxed 9/20 w/ Affirm regular (mostly texlaxed)
-clarified 2x since then (once after braids out in sept and once in oct 10/7)
-Direct heat (flat iron) 2x since braid removal (once in sept, once in oct)
-Cowash 2x wk and do braidouts mainly with leave in and chi serum & Botanoil
-DC after every cowash w/ Humecto, did Emergencee 2wks after braid removal and used Affirm 5n1 after relaxer and tub humecto.
-Use Pibbs at med setting for braidouts (hair takes too long to dry otherwise) and DC w/ heat.

I keep seeing these little hairs everywhere and last night when I cowashed and put it in bun (1st time in a while) i noticed my top gives me a fuzzy look and I don't know why.

Comments and suggestions very much appreciated ladies!

Its from the ban that you use to hold the ponytail. Try rubbing oil or a moisturizer all over the ban so it can be less ruff on you hair.. But those little hairs flying up never realy go away HTH

Hmm there's a thought, thanks. But I wear braidouts 95 % of the time. Maybe it is from my headband I occasionally use...I haven't been putting my hair in pigtails lately. I use the bands that are like stocking elastic (they are soft w/ no metal sections)

I noticed when i run my hair over the top it feels bumpy and slightly ragged. It is breaking and that is why it isn't smoother (I know it wont be 100 %)

Bumping for replies again

Last edited:
Back