Break at new growth Help... Best Detangler

Nicole4rc

Hello-

I was stretching my hair and finally have in and did a light relaxer. Definately LIGHT or my hair is growing like a weed. However the point is my hair is REALLY tangled. Everyday and very dry. And add insult to injury its breaking like a religion.

What do I do?
1. To add moisture?
2. Detangle?
3. Most importantly stop breakage at the new growth???!

You ladies are always helpful and I'm simply desperate.

I recently had a great experience using Qhemet's Olive Cream Detangler on my wet hair. I always start with Fermodyl 619 though. My hair was very moisturized and soft when it dried. For extra moisture I applied a little Sunrise Products Hair Souffle on my NG to really get it soft.

I know these are not at your average BSS, but I have never had much success with your regular run-of-the-mill product.

Try deep conditioning for atleast 30 mintues with your favorite moisutrizing conditioner. I have alot of success with pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense mask. I let it sit for 30minutes to an hour and my hair dries smooth and soft all the way down to the roots.

Are those products in stores? I've actually never heard of them. Do you relax?

yes I am relaxed and the only one you can buy in stores is the fermodyl.

Other's will be able to post some BSS products, I'm sure. I have just never been able to really get results with any of them.

do you air dry? im think of blow drying to get my new growth straighter and maybe aid in stopping the breakage between the new growth and the relaxed hair.

The two products I reccomend to keep hair moisturized and prevent breakage is S-Curl and Sta-Sof-Fro spray. These two products works wonders on my hair and are staples.

Now detangling, as recent threads have uncovered, is a very individualized thing. Many reccomended products just don't work for me. For now, I rely on detangling my hair when it's wet. HTH!

Bumpin' for more ideas. Sorry, Hate to do this. But I'm already a PJ i'l buy all these products if their isn't a census. Thanks ladies.

I'm in the same situation. I'm going to order some Silicon Mix, since so many LHCF members have states it helps detangle.

I'm in the same situation. I'm going to order some Silicon Mix, since so many LHCF members have states it helps detangle.

I just got the silicon mix and it really does detangle... but V05 condish also detangles my hair, as well as Cream of Nature green bootle poo...

I have had great success detangling my thick newgrowth with Afro-detangler and red palm butter....all my detangling fears are gone after finding out about these two miracle workers!:yep:

Update: I was getting very frustrated and went out and bought S-curl, Mane 'n Tail Detangler and Baby Love Conditioning Detangler (I added this since it worked when I was a kid).

Here's what I did:

Day 1: I applied the products and detangled my hair-- it was a damp and greasy. And I still thought it felt hard. I put it in a phony pony to go out that night. Went to sleep with my hair still in a bun.

Day 2: I still didn't remove the bun but didn't apply the ponytail. At night I took the ponytail holder out and didn't touch my hair just wrapped it as is.

Day 3: Removed my silk scarf and finger combed my hair. It's fabulous and curly I LOVE LOVE IT! And it's not hard at all. Even the strands feel thicker.

THANK YOU LADIES! This site is incredible. :dance7:

Back