Brazilian Blowout hair treatment ruled..........

My Friend

a carcinogenic.

GIB CEO Mike Brady denied that his company's products contained formaldehyde.

Brazilian Blowout treatments can cost between $200 and $500 and last several months.

Despite the growing health concerns, the products have been popular in Hollywood, where celebrities such as Nicole Kidman and Halle Berry have used the treatment.

GIB has agreed to pay $600,000 in penalties and fines and provide salons with a product safety brochure. The company already has changed the labeling of its products

I don't think anyone is getting the Brazilian Blow out. Though some are doing other BKT's without formaldehyde or with proven low percentages that are in the FDA ruling. There's a huge BKT thread on it that you might want to research. Also I just saw a thread on next gen BKT's which are cysteine based no formaldehyde or aldehydes (or hydes period) included). Off the top of my head I remember reading one of those as a smoothing treatment...let me go look and see if I can find some examples.

That was in the news beginning of last year I believe. I used QOD recently and I believe it has aldehyde in it, but that will be converted to formaldehyde under high heat when it oxidizes. Your hair will revert within three months as the keratin layer washes off and sometimes they don't even take that well to begin with, at least mine never have.

People are still doing the Brazilian Blowout. I started a thread about what happened when I tried to go get one. The stylist was fully aware of the formaldehyde in the air, but down played it even though she was choking. I ended up to it and we had to rinse it out before she even finished applying it. I really do want a treatment like this, I hope they can find a solution. There's a salon near me that does a supposed 100% natural smoothing treatment, it doesn't contain any form of formaldehyde or even keratin, but I'd like to see reviews on this brand first.

Back