Brave New World and New Hair Celebration!

PaperClip

Dear LCHF Ladies: It's been quite a year! Sept. 16 will mark the day of my last and final relaxer. This week is the first week I've worn my "new" hair out in public. One more "hurdle" to jump is church this coming Sunday (pray for me! LOL!) The attached photos are from an event I went to last Friday where I wore my hair out.... Got several compliments from some sistas... my brothers? Not so much (shrug).... Sigh.... I'm still getting used to this...but I'm on my way! I thank LCHF for the support and from the dear sisters here who have been so encouraging. I don't want to start calling names but the ones who have reached down and pulled me out of the valley with such encouraging words? You know who you are and know that you shall be blessed by helping me because I am blessed in the eyes of my Lord! (Believe that!!!!)

I will name at least two LCHFrs who's hair (and spirit) I sincerely admire: so1913 and Bublnbrnsuga! Peace to y'all!

RR2 (Sept. 8).jpg

RR (Sept. 8).jpg

P.S.: I used Druide products, incl. the leave-in and the styling gel for the edges! :eek: :grin: If you want to see the dramatic difference in the edges, look at the other photos in the photo album!

Congrats, you look great! It took me some time to get used to my hair as well...don't worry, it will all fall together. :)

RelaxerRehab said:
Dear LCHF Ladies: It's been quite a year! Sept. 16 will mark the day of my last and final relaxer. This week is the first week I've worn my "new" hair out in public. One more "hurdle" to jump is church this coming Sunday (pray for me! LOL!) The attached photos are from an event I went to last Friday where I wore my hair out.... Got several compliments from some sistas... my brothers? Not so much (shrug).... Sigh.... I'm still getting used to this...but I'm on my way! I thank LCHF for the support and from the dear sisters here who have been so encouraging. I don't want to start calling names but the ones who have reached down and pulled me out of the valley with such encouraging words? You know who you are and know that you shall be blessed by helping me because I am blessed in the eyes of my Lord! (Believe that!!!!)

I will name at least two LCHFrs who's hair (and spirit) I sincerely admire: so1913 and Bublnbrnsuga! Peace to y'all!

View attachment 2644

View attachment 2645

Dear Ladies:

I SURVIVED CHURCH!!!! LOL! I wish I had taken a photo 'cause I was really cute, y'all! I got a lot of compliments. Questions about the "authenticity" of my curls/coils.... I just faked my confidence until the real confidence kicked in.... This was a BIG step in getting over PEOPLE and their OPINIONS! And for real, I brought all the anxiety on myself.... I don't think it was serious as I thought it would be...and it simply wasn't....

I thank you all for your support and encouraging words!

((BIG HUGS!))

Back