Brastrap by 2006 UPDATE: Check in!!!

naptrl said:
Ladies, we've got to keep each other updated!!!

I am moving along nicely! I have been wearing braids most of the time and then puffs and the occasional press when my hair is down. I am at a layered shoulder length in the back and anywhere from nose to chin length in the front. I can't complain since my hair was 2 inches all over in August! I'll be at bra strap by 2006 (even if it's december 31st! haha :)) if I keep going.

I think I can do this in 2006. I don't know when in 2006 (i.e. Naptrl) but definitely 2006. I have reached shoulder length and I am now aiming for my next mark which is bra strap. I am currently in pencil thin waist lenghth box braids now. I plan to wear the braids for the remainder of the year. If I make it to that point I may consider keeping them until Spring. I am also MTG-ing (which keeps me refreshing my braids (thank God I do my own or the wolf would be on the prowl). We'll see what happens...

Okay...if I can get close to armpit by the end of the year...I'm now shooting for BSL for summer 2006...but I think definitely achievable by December 2006.

Well, I was doing really well but I have had some stressful situations since June and my hair is breaking and shedding by the handfull! I am going to have to cut about 3 inches of damaged hair (this would set me back to shoulder length). That said, I still think I may have a chance to reach BS sometime in 2006.

Man well brastrap is in the future but I'm not sure when. I am trying to grow and stretch my relaxers for maximum differences. I hope to have shinier healthier hair also.

I want to join in. Can someone take a look my pics and let me know if I have a chance of making it in '06? :confused:

Last edited:
mrslee said:
I hope to be at Bra Strap by the first part of 2006.

*Mo is looking at mrslee...like....why are you in this thread? I have nothing but love for you...but why?*

*Hair anorexia is just a messed up disease*

I believe i aimed too high to think that I will be at brastrap by jan 1 2006, hopefully I will reach armpit length. and than hopefully brastrap by summer 2006...

but Im on track and feeling good hopefully i can stretch for 4 to 6 months, thats what im aiming for, i have never did it, but with braids and weaves i think i can

I was hoping to reach bra-strap in 2005, but I'm not sure that's so likely. I would love to be at the bottom of bra strap by January 2006, but we will see. I feel as though I'm moving verrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly, IDK what the problem is!

MonaLisa said:
*Mo is looking at mrslee...like....why are you in this thread? I have nothing but love for you...but why?*

*Hair anorexia is just a messed up disease*

LOL!!!
I was at bra strap but I had an inch chopped off so now am about an 1 1/2" from being comfortably at bra strap for me. I want all my bras to show me at being bra strap length. :)~~

Whispering at Cincy.....

YDK what the problem is....all your energy flow that should be going to your follicles...are going towards Paul Walker...get your hair chi back in order and you should be fine.

@mrslee....um-huh. 1.5"....my hairsistah...u tryin ta tell me...u not gonna make that between now and December 31st? U know I love your hair...why do u toy with me this way?:ohwell::lol:

MonaLisa said:
Whispering at Cincy.....

YDK what the problem is....all your energy flow that should be going to your follicles...are going towards Paul Walker...get your hair chi back in order and you should be fine.

@mrslee....um-huh. 1.5"....my hairsistah...u tryin ta tell me...u not gonna make that between now and December 31st? U know I love your hair...why do u toy with me this way?:ohwell::lol:

I sure hope so!!! Keeping fingers crossed!!!

Checking in...Dont think I will make it to bra strap by Jan 2006, but hopefully by summer of '06...

new pics in my fotki of current progress Jul 27 link in siggy

I don't think I will be making it brastrap by Jan 1, 2006 either but I hopefully can have brastrap length hair by the end of next summer. If I can reach that goal...I will be so proud of myself!:D I want to have a few inches longer than brastrap by the time I graduate college! What a great graduation gift!

I was hoping to their in early 2006, but my grow over the last 6 months has been barely noticeable. :ohwell: So, I am getting more protein in my diet and using essential oils on my scalp. I looks like i'll be there next summer.

Back