braids

chosen07

hi ladies, I am a :newbie: and a transitioner. I am 4 months post relaxer and my roots are out of control! :lachen:I'm loving the new growth but its getting difficult to comb so I need to get my hands out of it again.

I had a sew-in for 5 weeks and took that out about 3 weeks ago. its time for another protective style, so I wanted to try the 2 strand twists. Everyone's braids that I see and like said they use the kanekalon hair. I tried to search the archives here on it and got some info but for you braid wearers...
can I wash my hair with the kanekalon braids in? and how often?
any advice on other types of hair that can withstand washing?

side note: I went into the bss and the lady told her customer she can't or SHOULDN'T wash her hair when in braids (regardless of the type of hair)...that was just not an acceptable answer for me :nono: especially since I have been lurking here and know that you ladies have proven that myth wrong!!!! she actually suggested that this lady buy a 'grease-type' product to put over the 'dry scalp'. eeeewwww

TIA ladies!

I hate to sound like a broken record but follow Robin's braid regimen on www.growafrohairlong.com and you should be OK.

I don't use synthetic hair and human hair, which is what I use, does unravel and slide when you wash, so not a good idea if you won't be redoing the braids yourself as often as needed.

ETA: I didn't know Blaque*Angel was going to copy my thoughts so I didn't mean to echo her. She stole the thought from me. :p

Last edited:
check out my fotki....
i uses Premium X-Pression Collection (its in the Kanekalon fam - had to go dig out a packet to be sure). It is super light on your head.
I havent been able to find them in america but i always bring back loads from London when I go...
I agree with the above - Robin's C&G Tech is the way to go...

Back