Braids? How soon?

Guess?Girl

I just got a touch-up two weeks ago, but since I'm sick of wearing my hair out, I would like to get braids(probably cornrows). How long should I wait to get them? Since I have a relaxer, will it cause breakage if I get them in about a week or so?

Hi GuessGirl! Since I never had cornrows, I'm not sure how to answer your question. I have had box braids, but I always waited until I was due for another relaxer before I got them. So I always had lots of new growth when getting braids. I don't know how much stress cornrows put on hair, or how tight the hair is pulled when they're done. If it's anything similar to how hair is pulled when getting box braids, I'd suggest that you wait a few weeks and accumulate more new growth, IMO.

i agree wit kitkat about waitin a lil while longer b4 gettin them cornrows put in...if u r havin extensions attached to the cornrows that causes even more stress on the hair and hairline and u shud make sure yo hair's deep conditioned and u got quite some growth (i had to learn the hard way )
ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif hth

Back