Braids Done By Me (pics)

Monigirl

:grin: This is my 3rd time doing my own braids since I learned how to from Growafrohairlong.com free online video. Everytime I do braids I get excited b/c I can do them myself now and save money. I used 2 1/2 packs of Kanekalon hair and it took me 8 hours this time. I plan to redo the edges every 2 weeks. Co-wash every 2 or 3 days and baking soda wash every 4 weeks.

I did these on April 11th, 2008
cds1-vi.jpg

Putting my hair in braids helps me be patient while my hair grows back SL.

Other braids I have done with the help of Braidsbybreslin DVD. But these didn't last long. Need more practice. The slip knots kept coming un-done which made me upset and I took them out. I know how to braid with kanekalon hair better.

lbraid-vi.jpg

Last edited:
These look really good. I'm so impressed with everyone doing braids by themselves. I watched a video on how to do them and I still couldn't. I did one row and it looked jacked. So you're really good.

wow, i'm really impressed! i have to learn how to do these... I have kinky twists in right now, and if i could do them myself, i could redo my edges all the time

Good job Monigirl, you ladies take DIY to another level!!!:yep: When my edges fill in more, i'll give it a shot. Great job.

good job. I would love to learn how to do my own braids. I have these dvds at home. I might try to practice. I guess it does takes patience and practice.

Thank you so much for your love ladies. :blush3::sneakyhug:

For those who have doubts I know how you feel. :yep: But I know you can do them.:grin: I felt the same way when I first watched the video and tried one braid. But all of a sudden it came to me after so many failed attempts. :think:

My Braid Tips: Unlike the video I do not start braiding at the nape of the neck I start in the front. Starting at the neck is hard for me. I separate and braid my hair before I add the extension. This helps me achieve better parts and better braid placement. I make a square at my right side burn and working my way to the back of my head and then around. Then later I undo my little braid and add the extension to it.

:grin: This is my 3rd time doing my own braids since I learned how to from Growafrohairlong.com free online video. Everytime I do braids I get excited b/c I can do them myself now and save money. I used 2 1/2 packs of Kanekalon hair and it took me 8 hours this time. I plan to redo the edges every 2 weeks. Co-wash every other day and baking soda wash every 4 weeks.

I did these on April 11th, 2008
cds1-vi.jpg

Putting my hair in braids helps me be patient while my hair grows back SL.

Other braids I have done with the help of Braidsbybreslin DVD. But these didn't last long. Need more practice. The slip knots kept coming un-done which made me upset and I took them out. I know how to braid with kanekalon hair better.

ouy-vi.jpg
lar_microbraid-vi.gif

Great job Moni! Im proud of you

Back