Braids by Breslin Braiding + Weaving School

Marquetta Breslin

Braids by Breslin Braiding School (Need your inputs!)

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to bounce an idea off you all if you don't mind. I've had a lot of people ask if I would do a class teaching braids and weaves, I have made the decision to do so. What would be different about my 2-Day seminars would be everything would be included for $995.00. All you would have to do is show up! I would teach around 20 hairstyles, you would recieve a booklet of what you learned so you don't forget, your hotel room would be paid for, you would get all of our products, we would pay for all of your tools, Mannequin head, etc. All you have to do is show up, I wanted to make it as easy as possible.

My question to you is:

1. Would you go to a 2-Day braiding and weaving seminar?

2. If you wouldn't go, why not?

3. What are you willing to pay? What's it worth to you?

4. How many hairstyles do you want to learn?

Thanks ladies!

Last edited:
My question to you is:

Yes I would go. When would you hold the two day seminar in the week days or week end.

I think that between $300.00-$995.00is a great deal. I think you should offer different packages just in clas people are there to lean one specific thing such as 2-strand kinky twist or invisible braid.

You should offer different styles such as Just a Braiding seminar or just a weaving seminar or an infusing seminar.

I also would like to know would the person attending recieve a certificate stating that they completeed your hair training course to use as a reference for a job.

HTH

Miz_Complexity said:
My question to you is:

Yes I would go. When would you hold the two day seminar in the week days or week end.

I think that between $300.00-$995.00is a great deal. I think you should offer different packages just in clas people are there to lean one specific thing such as 2-strand kinky twist or invisible braid.

You should offer different styles such as Just a Braiding seminar or just a weaving seminar or an infusing seminar.

I also would like to know would the person attending recieve a certificate stating that they completeed your hair training course to use as a reference for a job.

HTH

Great questions!

Re: Braids by Breslin Braiding School (Need your inputs!)

Marquetta Breslin said:
Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to bounce an idea off you all if you don't mind. I've had a lot of people ask if I would do a class teaching braids and weaves, I have made the decision to do so. What would be different about my 2-Day seminars would be everything would be included for $995.00. All you would have to do is show up! I would teach around 20 hairstyles, you would recieve a booklet of what you learned so you don't forget, your hotel room would be paid for, you would get all of our products, we would pay for all of your tools, Mannequin head, etc. All you have to do is show up, I wanted to make it as easy as possible.

My question to you is:

I might, yes. depends upon the styles.

I think, my problem would be paying for a lot of styles that I wouldn't necessarily want to do. Is your target audience professional stylists?

~$1,000 alot of money, but I think for what you are offering its a pretty good deal. Before I paid that much money, I would want to know how much hands on help I would be getting (i.e. class size).... I might feel a little funky if I invested so much money and could get the same effect from buying the DVDs. (i.e. I am watching you and trying to get the technique down on my own)

Again, when you do your pricing consider your audience. For someone like myself, I would rather make my own hotel arrangements and have a choice of packages or classes to attend. I wouldn't want to pay ~$1,000 for the seminar if I didn't need the hotel and didn't want to attend half of the classes... I think I would be willing to spend ~$300.00 to attend a couple of classes (incl. supplies) plus products corresponding to the class. (for example what if you prepared your booklet so that it would fit in a binder...that way people can get the materials for the classes they attend, but they don't have to attend all of the classes if they don't want to).

5 or so, but maybe if I saw the styles you're offering, I would change my mind and want more.

Thanks ladies!

Last edited:

Yes.

Sometimes I work weekends and sometimes not. If you only offered classes during
the weekdays or only on the weekends, my schedule would dictate if I could go or not.
I hope that you are able to offer classes during both the week and weekends.

Considering the prices you offer for the DVD, I think that $199 per class for one style
and $499, $599, or $699 for the "4-in-1" styles would be fair and consistent for two
days. Also, maybe you could do 1-day seminars for one style and 2-day seminars for
"4-in-1" styles. It would be great if you could offer group discounts to the LHCF
members that have group meetings (ex. Atlanta LHCF) all arrange to go/meet there at
the same time. Of course, you've been fair in pricing so far, so if it were to cost
more, I would still be willing to pay.

Personally, if I were to go, I would get my money's worth and take the "4-in-1" seminar.
However, it would still be great if you offered individual styles for those who aren't
"stylisticly challenged" like me! ;)

I've ordered the DVD, so I haven't seen it yet, but from the previews at the site, I think this would really take off b/c being able to care for and style your own hair is empowering. Whatever price you decide to charge will be worth it.

"Give a man fish and he can eat for a day; teach a man to fish, and he can eat for a lifetime."

Mrs. Breslin is teaching us to fish.

To Paraphrase:
"Style a woman's hair and she looks great today; teach her to style it, and she'll look great everyday."

Thank you for sharing your talent.
T. Taylor

Update 12/01/05
**Note: I just received my dvd "4-in-1" last night, and I love it! I've watched it about 3 times already, and my skills at braiding have improved dramatically. After a week or two of practice on my mannequin, I should be able to do these styles on myself or anyone! Thanks Marquetta!"

Last edited:

My honest answers:
Yes if it was not too far and the price was feasable.
If it was too far, on a weekday, or too expensive.
Considering the videos are $20 Id just buy a video. BUT if I wanted hands on experience with a professional I would go and expect to only pay what you would charge per style (ex. if you charged $175 for a weave Id want to pay along that range for a class)
I only want to learn one. BUT coinsidering that youare just starting out Id start out doing a variety of packages (just to see what people like more) For example you could have a 2 day seminar BUT also allow peope to pay for single classes (excluding the advantages of the full course; no mannequin or hotel accomadations, etc) That way even if people dont want to sign up for the whoel seminar you could still get money form people wanting seperate courses WITHOUT having to make different schedules.

Example schedule:
Saturday morning for cornrowing
lunch break
Saturday afternoon for weaving
Sunday morning fo kinky twists
lunch break
Sunday afternoon fro advanced cornrowing

Someone wanting weaving only could pay 1/4th the price and still get the whole class that they wanted adn you can get paid. My thinking is if there are no individual classes you will lose business form people that only want to learn one thing.
Thanks ladies!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would.

n/a

Well, I think $1000 is reasonable if the student wants to do braids and weaves as part of a trade, but I would just go for personal knowledge. For my needs the video is good enough.

I would like to know hoe to do good sew-in weaves and cornrows. I cannot even start a braid with extensions so learning just that would be a start.

Hi Mrs Breslin! I am glad you've joined us! I just recently purchased your 'weaves' DVD. I love it. To answer your questions.....

My question to you is:

1. Would you go to a 2-Day braiding and weaving seminar? Yes I would, but it'd have to be on the weekend or possibly friday, since i have a job. And the price would have to be right. ;-) One thing i highly suggest is to offer pics of all the braid/weave styles that you will teach so that you will entice people to show up. So they will know exactly what styles they will learn before signing up.

2. If you wouldn't go, why not? I wouldn't go if the price is too expensive. I also wouldn't go if I found that it was geared toward professional stylists only. I doubt if i ever quit my job to become licensed but i do take interest in braiding/weaving and i would love to learn how to create these styles. Perhaps there should be 'education tracks' geared towards professionals and a seperate one geared towards 'novices'.????

3. What are you willing to pay? What's it worth to you? As i said, i do not plan to be a licensed cosmetologist....Maybe down the road I may attempt to be good at braiding/weaving and i can offer braids/weaves at my leisure to my friends. With that being said...I'd be willing to drop $500 on a class.

4. How many hairstyles do you want to learn? maybe a good cornrow technique, a few of the most popular twist styles. a few braids such as micros, tree braids, box braids. and a few weave styles.

I wish you much luck and success!

I would love to go and learn how to do styles. Unfortunately, your price is a bit too expensive for me. I must tell u how much I appreciate your DvDs. They are top quality. :notworthy

Would you go to a 2-Day braiding and weaving seminar?[COLOR=Blue said:
Yes, particularly if it took place anytime between Friday and Monday, but preferably on Saturday and Sunday.[/COLOR]
2. If you wouldn't go, why not? If I wouldn't go if the class were too expensive, or not fitting my needs. (i.e., I may already have all the necessary tools and supplies and would not want to pay for a supply kit, or if the class took place in my city, I wouldn't want to pay for hotel accommodations.
3. What are you willing to pay? What's it worth to you?That would depend on the availability of seminar packages, if offered. For an all-inclusive seminar, barring travel expenses, $500 - $600 seems reasonable to me.
I personally would like to learn as many hairstyles as possible, but tree braids, twists and the latest techniques are of the most interest to me.

Last edited:
Back