Braids by Breslin-Anyone use the DVD??

natstar

I'm intersted in purchasing Braids by Breslin (the kinky twist DVD & the conrow compilation DVD) I really want to learn how to do conrows neatly (do dif. styles) and kinky twists. Has anyone used these nstructional DVDs with any success before? Let me know before I buy! Thanks

I have the kinky twist video and it's definitely worth it. I'll probably order more videos in the future. :yep:

BTW - The customer service was excellent. I ordered and received my video within five days.

I have her kinky twists video. I was a little annoyed. The video and sound track are not synchronized. The video was filmed without sound then the sound was added it later. I felt like the sound was on repeat as video played. The quality of the video and sound were great, but I wasn't happy with the level of instruction. Maybe she was assuming you'd already saw her other braid videos.

BraidTek (http://everettes-cornrows.com/videos.html) did a much better job with instruction, but she doesn't have a kinky twist video.

Just my two cent.

I have the multi one with kinky twists, sew ins, etc. I watched it and it looks easy but I haven't had any success doing my own. I still have a problem getting the hair attached without it slipping out so I just gave up and had my cousin do my hair! I would really be happy if I get it down...I know LondonDiva did her own kinky's and they came out great.

I got the videos and I think that they provided good instructions on how to do the kinky twists and other braided styles. She goes slow, repeats herself and explains the process while she's doing it. TO me, it was worth the money!

It's a cool dvd, and it's the way she shows you how to do the hair isn't hard at all. I, like a previous poster, have a hard time gripping my hair at the base so I say *** it and have someone else do my hair. I don't have the patience, but more power to those who can do it.

I have the cornrow compilation and the sew in weave dvds. I think that they are great! She goes slow ,speaks very clearly and the film quality is excellent. It is worth buying and I suggest that you do. If you don't like it, you can try to sell it here and maybe someone will buy it.

It may be difficult at first but keep practicing. If you can, ask friends and/family to be your model. If not you can always get a manequin.

hth.

Back