Braidout with Lottabody: Is it safe?

newbeginnings2010

Sooo I have a few questions for the ladies in Florida (or anyone) dealing with the stupid-thick humidity. Has anyone tried a braid out using Lottabody or some other similar holding product? Does your braid out last using this? AAAANND, a question for everyone: DO YOU THINK THAT THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ON A REGULAR BASIS WHILE TRANSITIONING COULD CAUSE SERIOUS LONG TERM DAMAGE (Regular basis meaning weekly)? All of this is kind of a spinoff from WestNDNbeauty's signature style youtube video, the braid n' curl. I was thinking this could work for a simple braidout. Thoughts ladies? TIA!:yep:

Thanks for asking this question. I've watched WestNDNbeauty's YT and wondered the same thing. I'm in Florida, too, and the humidity is just brutal. My hair is 3" long and I do braidouts and twistouts.

Hey....just wanted to let you know, the link that is posted in my tutorial to "see the braid n' curl a week later" is what my hair looked like after Florida (Tallahassee) humidity (+ rain & wind). I actually spent 2 entire days in outside activities, and that's what my hair looked like 3 days after I got back from Tally :)

Hey....just wanted to let you know, the link that is posted in my tutorial to "see the braid n' curl a week later" is what my hair looked like after Florida (Tallahassee) humidity (+ rain & wind). I actually spent 2 entire days in outside activities, and that's what my hair looked like 3 days after I got back from Tally :)

That's great! I watched that video too. Thanks westNDNbeauty!

For the past couple of days, I have been experimenting with Lottabody for my twistouts. It works great! I looked up the ingredients for Lottabody and it seems to be more like a moisturizer than anything. There's no alcohol in it. Water is the main ingredient along with Polyquaternium-11 which is a specialized cationic polymeric material which adds exceptional flexibility and substantivity to hair. It improves wet combing, feel and manageability of the hair. The Peg-40 Lanolion is a moisturizing and lubricating agent. The other ingredients I think are like preservatives to prevent growth of micro-organisms.

For the past couple of days, I have been experimenting with Lottabody for my twistouts. It works great! I looked up the ingredients for Lottabody and it seems to be more like a moisturizer than anything. There's no alcohol in it. Water is the main ingredient along with Polyquaternium-11 which is a specialized cationic polymeric material which adds exceptional flexibility and substantivity to hair. It improves wet combing, feel and manageability of the hair. The Peg-40 Lanolion is a moisturizing and lubricating agent. The other ingredients I think are like preservatives to prevent growth of micro-organisms.

do you dilute it? i know when i was relaxed and used it for curly rollersets, if it wasnt diluted my hair would be sooo crunchy

I dilute 1 capfull of Lottabody in 4 or 5 capfulls of water for twist and curls and braidouts that last 1 week. I love the stuff...thanks Westndn!

I think it wud b similar to using lottabody weekly for rollersets.

I always diluted it so my hair wuddnt be crunchy ... well before I burished it out

do you dilute it? i know when i was relaxed and used it for curly rollersets, if it wasnt diluted my hair would be sooo crunchy
Yep, I diluted it with water...probably about 2 parts water to 1 part Lottabody.

The only time I've ever noticed crunchiness with Lottabody is whenever I set my hair on rollers and let it dry under a heated hooded dryer and if I don't dilute it well enough. It seems like Lottabody leaves my hair soft when no heat is used. Also, when I've been doing it for my twistouts, I use it sparingly. I don't soak my hair with it to avoid shrinkage.

Last edited:
I use lottabody in my caruso 1/3 to 2/3 water and my curls last forever and I do it all the time with no ill effects.

Back