braidout products?

Good morning ladies. Tonite im going to try my first braidout ever!! What should I put in my hair to make the style last longer and look decent.

I like to use coconut oil on the ends...it helps to prevent frizzyness. *Bumping* so that you can get more/better reponses.

I like to use...
Surge 14 (to detangle and add a little moisture),
shea butter or another thick/butter like product like John Freida's Moisture Remedy,
and then a gloss/serum to combat frizz like Aphogee Gloss Therapy or John Freida's serums.

I have a problem making mine last the whole day without falling and getting fuzzy...someone suggested a setting lotion. Im going to try QP feels like silk gel mixed with a serum and see how that works....or a little setting lotion with my leave in.

But to get it to come out good, I normally just put a little moisturizer and leave in conditioner in to dampen my dry or mostly dry hair, and then put it in random plaits. then I tie it down and go to bed. then when I get up and unbraid, I put some oil on my hands to keep it from frizzing while finger combing, fluffing it out. then I just oil sheen it and go. It looks like its naturally wavy when I do this, a couple of guys said I look foreign with my hair like that...lol. whatever that means!

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
It looks like its naturally wavy when I do this, a couple of guys said I look foreign with my hair like that...lol. whatever that means!

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

I use Carol's Daughter healthy hair butter.. it defines my curls and makes them soft and shiny. I use a tiny bit of the Mimosa Honey when arranging unbraiding so it doesn't frizz. I too get the foreign comments when I wear my braidouts..

Back