Braidout on Relaxed Hair?!?!?

TrendySocialite

Hi,

Wondering if I can do a braidout on relaxed hair? I mean, I know I can do it, but has any relaxed hair wearers liked theirs? Based on the length of my hair in the siggy, will it look ok?

What are some ways to get the texture I want? I would like it sorta big and wild, ala Jill Scott in Hate on Me video

Any tutorials on this? Should I roll the ends? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

ARR

Yes, it is definitely possible. I have about four braidout pics in my fotki if you want to see. I usually braid five to six braids with a good moisturizer, and then let it dry completely overnight. It always comes out really pretty.

yep, yep :yep: I think you can do it. I personally like the braidouts with curled ends, but I think it's your personal preference. I have braid-out pics in my FOTKI as well.

I do them on my relaxed hair all the time but to get Jill Scotts look you will need to do probably smaller a braids...or even those little spiral rollers..to your hair a tighter coil

I always do braidouts...

Check out the pic in my avi. I'm relaxed and did 6 plaits on dry hair. then rolled the ends on pillow rollers.

I also do 6-8 cornrows on dry hair . I actually like the cornrow braidouts better.

I did this back in high school on my relaxed hair. But I used the forbidden Pink stuff to braid it up with and then used some perm rods to roll the ends up and took it apart(finger combing) the next morning before I left for school. But I only did that like every 2-3 days to make it look fresh. I also had my braids going different ways sometimes, for the look I wanted to rock as well. Don't use that Pink ish now, I was just saying that's what I used back then when I didn't know no better LOL:lachen:Just use whatever kind of moisturizer that benefits your hair and just braid it up and use rollers if you prefer. It's all depending on the look you're trying to achieve. HTH! :)

Of course you can do braid-outs/twist-outs on relaxed hair. IMO it looks best when your hair is atleast shoulder length. You can either do it on hair that's blown dry or do it on damp hair and let it air dry. Either way will be good :yep:

I do it any time I want to wear my hair down(normally it's up). I like braidouts (check out siggy) and twist outs,because I think they are a great way to avoid the heat for flat ironing, etc. I usually do mine when my hair is about 80+% dry and depending on how Krinkly I want my waves I decide on the number of braids I put in. Lots of krinkles=means lots of braids. Looser krinkles=fewer braids for me.

Hi,

Wondering if I can do a braidout on relaxed hair? I mean, I know I can do it, but has any relaxed hair wearers liked theirs? Based on the length of my hair in the siggy, will it look ok?

What are some ways to get the texture I want? I would like it sorta big and wild, ala Jill Scott in Hate on Me video

Any tutorials on this? Should I roll the ends? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

ARR
I have several braidout pics in my Fotki. I always do them on freshily cleaned hair after I've airdried, rather than on wet hair, and no extra product. :yep: I prefer four thick braids(plaits) for pretty waves. The more braids you make the bigger it will get, with smaller waves.

Back