Braidless sew in.

LongCurlyLocks

As anyone had or know someone that has had a brainless sew in? From what I understand there are at least two ways to do it. Making a base with thread then sew the tracks on the thread and clamping little metal pieces on the hair them sew onto that. Your natural hair would be left out in between the tracks to cover up. It would pretty much be like the glue method. I hope I'm explaining it right. Anyway I saw videos on how to do it both ways. Does it have tension on the natural hair? I think the thread method is better because the metal clamps may fall out. But does anyone hear know about this? I would like to have it done but not if there is tension on the hair. I can't have any of that.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

As anyone had or know someone that has had a brainless sew in? From what I understand there are at least two ways to do it. Making a base with thread then sew the tracks on the thread and clamping little metal pieces on the hair them sew onto that. Your natural hair would be left out in between the tracks to cover up. It would pretty much be like the glue method. I hope I'm explaining it right. Anyway I saw videos on how to do it both ways. Does it have tension on the natural hair? I think the thread method is better because the metal clamps may fall out. But does anyone hear know about this? I would like to have it done but not if there is tension on the hair. I can't have any of that.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: i know a few women that fit the description.

I had one back in the 90s. There was a salon in Baltimore that specialized in braidless weaving called "Mr. Rays". I have no idea how they did it. It was run like a well-oiled machine in there. You went in, they had about 2 dozen chairs set up. Mr. Ray himself sat up high on a platform like an overseer and barked order to the women who were weaving. You sat down and they commenced to sewing - no wash or anything. There were no metal clips involved. I do remember my hair was out between the tracks and that it lasted a long time but past that, it wasn't different than any other weave, just braidless. It didn't cause any damage to my hair at all.

I had one done with thread a long time ago (in 2006-2007). My hair was growing out from a short cut. I don't remember there being any tension on my hair but I didn't keep it long because the stylist jacked up the hair and style. This was before all of the exotic hair choices that we have now.

If I remember correctly, there were two giant spools of thread that were attached to some kind of table. She pulled thread from each one and did some type of weave to make a base onto my braided hair (similar to a hair net that is sewn down to braids before the hair is sewn on).

I would probably just get a weave with a net.

Unless you are referring to fusion...

Last edited:
A brainless sew in? Well a couple of those zombies on the Walking Dead looked like they had some good ones still. Lol sorry couldn't help it:lol:
This sounds interesting though.

I had one done with thread a long time ago (in 2006-2007). My hair was growing out from a short cut. I don't remember there being any tension on my hair but I didn't keep it long because the stylist jacked up the hair and style. This was before all of the exotic hair choices that we have now. If I remember correctly, there were two giant spools of thread that were attached to some kind of table. She pulled thread from each one and did some type of weave to make a base onto my braided hair (similar to a hair net that is sewn down to braids before the hair is sewn on). I would probably just get a weave with a net. Unless you are referring to fusion...

No that's not it. Go to google or YouTube and type in braidless sew in.

Back